Temperature change

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueGoose85

Reaction score
I realized after 15 hours post-pitch that my temp in my closet is about 75 F. I don't want to put my yeast in overdrive, so I turned the thermostat down to 71. I know stable temp is important, but so is a low temp (65-75). Am I ok lowering the temp 15 hours in?

I dropped it to 70, the temp should go down a couple more degrees in the closet. Going to bed, hope I'm not messing anything up too much :/ damn preference for a warm home.

At 69, I'll leave it here for the remainder of the time. A lot of activity inside, no more airlock activity, which is ok per this forum. Well see wht happens when I take a couple FG.

Haha, I really do. I was trying to avoid all the mistakes i did with my first batch :/ Im using white labs dry English 007. Did a liter starter, had an OG of 1.074.

So airlock activity subsided between hours 29 and 36, still activity in the wort.

Ps. I have to keep the temp at least around 68-72 because of the girlfriends pets in there, another reason it was warm. I blame her ;)

Btw, the mobile app is great

CaptKiRkLeS said:
RDWHAHB. What yeast are you using?

I'll just answer you here about the blow off in the other thread. I did not use one, im ok, but will consider one next batch if recommended

I thought I was seeing the same thing twice. Lol. I've learned my lesson with doing primary in a carboy so I make sure to use one if that is the situation.

Back