Temp probe placement?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inside....
Lol, tension breaker; had to be done.

Wherever you put it, the probe should be placed in a liquid (preferably that simulates beer) and then your reading will be most accurate.

Inside....
Lol, tension breaker; had to be done.

Wherever you put it, the probe should be placed in a liquid (preferably that simulates beer) and then your reading will be most accurate.

Dangit.. Beat me to
It lol

What kind of thermo? Do you already have one?

If not, I would opt for one of the digital outside the unit ones. Doesn't have to be really fancy. I have seen cooking ones for 20-30 bucks. Not opening is a nice feature.

If you want the temp of the wort, you should look at a thermowell. If you want inside of fridge/freezer just tape it to the side midway down the unit.

If you want the temp of the wort, you should look at a thermowell. If you want inside of fridge/freezer just tape it to the side midway down the unit.

I should add, this is not for a ferm chamber, this is for my completed and drinking beer fridge

jimmarshall said:
I should add, this is not for a ferm chamber, this is for my completed and drinking beer fridge

Then it doesn't particularly matter. You need to understand that beer doesn't change temperature instantaneously (so the fact that the fridge air is 38 doesn't mean the beer is 38 if you just put it in).

It's a much bigger deal on fermenting beer because it generates heat, so it can be a different temp than the rest of the fridge for days. In your case, the beer will be at the same temp as the fridge.

Back