Tart (frozen) cherries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHDrunk

Reaction score
I am interesting in racking part of one of my beers on to some tart cherries, probably a pound or so. I'm thinking it would be easiest to go with a pre-frozen variety. Any one have good experiences with a certain brand? If so, where did you get them? I'm in Boston, so I have Trader Joes and Whole Foods, as well as Shaws and Stop and Shop at my disposal. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm outside of Boston and have been looking for tart cherries for the last 3 weeks at farmers markets and whole foods with no luck. Let me know if you find any.

Update: ended up going with some Knudsen's just tart cherry juice from the organic aisle in Shaws. Blended in a bit with a pint of the fermented beer to get the ratio right and then racked to secondary with the juice. There are signs of activity about a few hours in. Very excited to see how this turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back