Are you happy with your Nukatap Flow Control faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacSudz

Reaction score
A couple months ago I bought a pair of these to help better dial in my pour. However, I'm becoming increasing displeased with them.

First off, I find it does very little to reduce the foam level unless you basically turn it down to a trickle. But the real problems stems from cleaning them.

I've found it very difficult to completely disassemble to faucet. More specifically the removal of the "Flow Slider." Even if you can get it out putting it back in is very difficult because the ultra thin o-ring gets bound up upon insertion. I've found putting some petroleum jelly around the o-ring "helps" insert this part during reassembly. I've had one even break while trying to insert this part. Fortunately, MoreBeer had me covered and mailed me two o-ring replacement kits. But my concern is these are not going to last. I'm seriously thinking about selling them and just buying new forward sealing faucets without the flow control.

But I wanted to ask for others opinions before getting rid of these. Perhaps I'm missing an easier way to disassemble and reassemble them. I've looked on YouTube and there are just not videos specific to this faucet.

I bought 2 of them when one of the LHBS was going out of business.

No issues thus far (knocks on wood desk.)

They can be a little bit of a PITA to take apart, but once you have it down, its not all that bad. I don't do it that often, normally I just run BLC through the lines and the taps.

I haven't changed my lines since I got them, but run 10ft. I have the flow control fully open. I also have a tower cooler. No issues with foam.

I only turn it down to fill a bottle or growler.

Back