Tap help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJR

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I recently got a second hand beer tap off ebay.

eBayISAPI.dll

I'm currently running approx 1' of 3/16" line to a picnic tap. I want to extend this (long story) and finally have another reason to do so. However this tap arrived with a 1/16" line. Does anybody know how to change the line to a 3/162 or how to connect the 1/16" to the 3/16"?

Also, I have a John Guest screw-on straight connector (should just push on), most likely 3/16". If you run a 1/4" line off it, does it leak and give you a beer fountain? (Tried and got this result, wondering if the reason was slightly bigger beer line).

Hi everybody,

I recently got a second hand beer tap off ebay.

eBayISAPI.dll

I'm currently running approx 1' of 3/16" line to a picnic tap. I want to extend this (long story) and finally have another reason to do so. However this tap arrived with a 1/16" line. Does anybody know how to change the line to a 3/162 or how to connect the 1/16" to the 3/16"?

Also, I have a John Guest screw-on straight connector (should just push on), most likely 3/16". If you run a 1/4" line off it, does it leak and give you a beer fountain? (Tried and got this result, wondering if the reason was slightly bigger beer line).

I am quite surprised that the tube is 1/16". Would a 3/16" tube connect directly to the tap? If not you could reduce the 3/16" to 1/16 but then you create a lot of pressure on the tubing where it would connect.

Back