Tap A Draft out of production?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayer-Z28

Reaction score
Is this system completely out of production? I can't find it anywhere. Everyone has it listed unavailable.

Any recommendations on a comparable, "budgets minded" setup? I've considered a 5 gallon single Keg and getting another fridge. I liked the TapADraft because it fits in my regular kitchen fridge.

Pic for reference.

Thanks in advance for the help.

IMG_2477.PNG

I played around with some of that stuff initially... not worth it. If I were putting in a fridge, I would do a 2.5 gal keg and ball lock regulator or picnic tap.

There is an important aspect to kegging - resting/aging beer. As long as the keg is free of O2, that beer will last and most always get better along the way. Cartridge CO2 is expensive though.

I spent a lot of time looking into and researching the tap a draft and other similar mini/budget draft options, for the same reasons you stated. I ended up just getting a second fridge and some full size kegs, and I'm very glad I did.

Yeah I'm gonna start looking into a 5gallon Keg. Mind as well. Just gonna need another fridge now too. ����

I used the tap a draft when I got started, had a dozen or more bottles. It worked good most of the time. Sold all of it on CL.

I could fit a TaD bottle in a soft side cooler, I had a party tap on two feet of beverage line attached to the output hose/nozzle on the bottle. Open the valve on the TaD, party tap out the corner of the zipped bag. Pack the cooler with ice. Cold to the end.

Their website is no longer up, haven't seen the Coors Light TaD packaging in a long time. My guess would be when Coors quit buying, there wasn't enough home brewer demand to justify sales.

My LHBS used to sell them, but they've been sold out for a long time.
I have a full size kegging system, but was thinking of developing a smaller system to take on trips. Basically a 1.5 or 2.5 gallon keg, a picnic tap and a Co2 "charger" that runs off cartridges. Smaller kegs are actually more expensive than 5 gallon ones, because you can't find them used. My plan would be to carbonate the keg using my full size Co2 bottle and only use the cartridge Co2 when away from home.

does anyone still know where to get the 6liter bottles? I wanted to get a few that I could naturally carbonate in than just bring one to a party where I intended for the group to finish it off

Back