Tallahassee home brewer (soon to be)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grasslands

Reaction score
Top of the evenin' everyone. My name is Gabe and I'm getting set to start my first ever home brewed batch. Glad to be here!

Glad to have you! This site can be one of the greatest sources of info/opinion on brewing as you move into what I'm sure will soon become an obsession!

Cheers

Top of the evenin' everyone. My name is Gabe and I'm getting set to start my first ever home brewed batch. Glad to be here!

Watch out Gabe. By entering this Forum you have set yourself up for extreme Information overload. Welcome and sorry to say that all your evenings will be taken to reply here on HBT! Prost!

Thanks guys...I'm anxious to learn as much as I can from this site and the information I've accumulated. It is a bit overwhelming at first, but I'll get it. Bear with me in the meantime.

Thanks man...I've driven by there a few times and checked it out...doin' my homework! Are they the only supplier of grains/hops/etc. you use? Or are there other places in Tally? I'm expecting to do a combo of in-town and online purchases

There's a place on Capital Circle N.E. that sells winemaking supplies (next to a dive shop, across form Chick-Fil-A), but I've never been in there.

Frankly, I haven't shopped around much.

I think Homebrew Den is it for us, as far as a LHBS.
But you couldn't ask for much better. John is amazing and he has a good staff that are very helpful. Prices are decent, but maybe a little higher than your online options. To me it's worth the expense to use them.
Occasionally I will order online if the deal is too good to pass up. I'd also be willing to look into a group buy for bulk grains etc.

I've seen that wine place too, but haven't checked it out.

There is also a homebrew club here that seems to be fairly active. I haven't been to a meeting yet, but intend to in January. www.nfbl.org

Thanks again guys! I'm looking forward to posting the progress of my first batch...as well as getting over the n00bness. :)

Welcome aboard Grasslands! I started brewing in Tallahassee about 14 years ago with a kit from the Homebrew Den. Back then they were located in the shops around Lake Ella and have moved a few times since. John is a great guy and very helpful. He once told me that I needed to get my (explitave deleted) priorities straight when I mentioned that I was moving to Tampa to finish school and I hadn't brewed in a while heh.

Good luck. :) You couldn't have picked a better forum to join.

Welcome aboard Grasslands! I started brewing in Tallahassee about 14 years ago with a kit from the Homebrew Den. Back then they were located in the shops around Lake Ella and have moved a few times since. John is a great guy and very helpful. He once told me that I needed to get my (explitave deleted) priorities straight when I mentioned that I was moving to Tampa to finish school and I hadn't brewed in a while heh.

Good luck. :) You couldn't have picked a better forum to join.

Awesome! Thanks again! I quickly became more and more intrigued in home brewing after I went to this year's BrewFest Tallahassee and found my pallet to be much more evolved than it had ever been before.

I'll try to not be the stereotypical n00b and will be as patient as possible. :cross:

Back