Syracuse, ny - round 6 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jbsengineer said:
Sorry, it cannot be had any longer. Found a LOT of 30 used buckets and lids down in NJ (I travel often) on craigslist. All for $120! All in excellent shape!

However, in my research before I found the Craigslist deal I found $7 shipped via this site: BePrepared

Good luck. If anyone has a better link or deal on buckets I have a couple friends interested. I'm all ears!

Excellent deal. $4 per lid is a great deal even if you just got the lids! I'm very jealous. I have 10 but wish I had more, especially with my inability to keep myself from buying more grain. If I keep this up, I will have enough to open a lhbs or a brewpub.

copyright1997 said:
Excellent deal. $4 per lid is a great deal even if you just got the lids! I'm very jealous. I have 10 but wish I had more, especially with my inability to keep myself from buying more grain. If I keep this up, I will have enough to open a lhbs or a brewpub.

Forgot to mention, you can get 10 lids plus 10 six gallon food grade plastic buckets from Costco for something like $140 delivered. (I have a Costco membership.)

The last time I used this was a while ago - let me get back to you with the how to, because I forget how this works.

I just signed up, all it asks for is an email address and an amount. So as long as your account is still active it looks pretty straight forward i think

I can accept up to $1000 in payments per mo without fee through amazon I believe (just make sure you don't charge me! :))

my email on that account is [email protected]

Added more slots for splits, and more col for more buyers if needed. Damn this sheet is getting nuts! Its now unlocked and ready for editing!

Also added another lactose split. This is on the last row since its a 1/5 split instead of the typical 1/4 or 1/3 split.

jeffb418 said:
Here is the spreadsheet (editable by anyone) updated with above values.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvGGgq4iC1v4dHZ4XzNZdGc3V2VreGhhbG9XajR2dVE

Note: min value used in numbers but ranges put in notes

I just added to the keg list @$25 I am in for 10, @$20 15, @$15 20 I posted on the spread sheet when I saw the thread posts working my way from the front to last page will be placing grain order as well and try to get a few more folks from up north here on board as well. Thanks!!!

Greetings from NNY, I am up in Evans Mills, just north of Watertown @75 miles from Syracuse, I just added 5 bags and will go back and look or add some splits in a day or so, here's what I put on the order: 2 CM-2 Row, 1 CM-Pale, 1 CM-Whet, 1 BZ-Pils thanks, I will see if some others up this way will want to join in as well.

Greetings from NNY, I am up in Evans Mills, just north of Watertown @75 miles from Syracuse, I just added 5 bags and will go back and look or add some splits in a day or so, here's what I put on the order: 2 CM-2 Row, 1 CM-Pale, 1 CM-Whet, 1 BZ-Pils thanks, I will see if some others up this way will want to join in as well.

Awesome! Welcome to the group!

Ok so this is the first time I have looked at the spreadsheet for the kegs. Are the numbers right for nighthawk? I don't see why any sane human being would need that many kegs! If so your my hero and I think we might really be able to work out some lower prices!

CidahMastah said:
Not sure if anyone is considering going electric... but I just got a killer deal on an enclosure, and tons of lights, some switches and contactors for my upgrade to a 60amp control panel. The deal going is free shipping on anything that fits in the enclosure (this cuts the cost of the lights down from like $18 to like 4$).

Here is the one I got - http://www.ebay.com/itm/110673448200?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thought I would let you guys know!

Thanks for posting this I have been looking for one and I think this will work great!

Ok so this is the first time I have looked at the spreadsheet for the kegs. Are the numbers right for nighthawk? I don't see why any sane human being would need that many kegs! If so your my hero and I think we might really be able to work out some lower prices!

Holy crap! 210?!

Searched through this threads history and found:

updated my keg request. found a use for a few more.. :mug:

So maybbbbbe its correct?

He's got a note in the spreadsheet with the same number:
"210 @$15. Probably would do 50 - 110 @ $20."

Seems crazy, but that good kind of crazy!

I found a source for kegs. The spreadsheet is just gauging interest so I can try to negotiate a deal. Feel free to add to the list if your in need.

Thanks for posting this I have been looking for one and I think this will work great!

the best part is shipping for the lights and switches is free. That saves a ton of cash for a build.

Good to have you along!

Mparsons i am probably down for 10 east at the lower price (my friend is getting into a keg system soon)

CidahMastah said:
Thanks!

And oh yeah - personal checks are fine this time around!

Strecker - I see a notification of your payment - still waiting on scallywags

So personal checks will be ok then I'd rather do it that way

the best part is shipping for the lights and switches is free. That saves a ton of cash for a build.

Good to have you along!

Mparsons i am probably down for 10 east at the lower price (my friend is getting into a keg system soon)

Who's renting the ryder truck to get these back to Syracuse? hah

In other news.... some more people have added bags. WE ARE OVER 100 ITEMS! Holy crap!

I do hope that everyone realizes that there will be "shipping" cost associate. i.e. the cost for someone to go down and back to haul. But we can figure that out before we all commit to a buy (kegs)

I have a silverado and might be able to get access to a trailer.

Keep those orders coming in! It will be the first 3 palate order for us :D

Been hanging around waiting to get around to it and saw the order is taking off. Just did my part on pallet #3 with a few bag and some chemicals (6 items total). Cheers All!

lupulin - saw you in there! ha We are adding people like crazy. Great to have all the new guys too. Unreal!

I still know of quite a few bags coming in, this is really great for lowering our shipping costs.

JEFF - thanks for the note on the buy sheet!

Been hanging around waiting to get around to it and saw the order is taking off. Just did my part on pallet #3 with a few bag and some chemicals (6 items total). Cheers All!

Just want to make sure you understand you signed up for 1 case of star-san (4 gallons), and a 55 pale of PBW. That's an awful lot, just wanted to make sure! Typically these are bought in splits due to the large quantities and cost.

Thanks jeffb418. Yes I did full chemical orders intentionally. Better living through chemistry, right? Cheers.

Just so you know what you are ordering. For instance, for the StarSan, 4x1 gallons = 512 ounces of StarSan. Each ounce of StarSan is mixed with 5 gallons of H20. So, that's 2,560 GALLONS of StarSan mixture. :)

Damn... we went from "I'd like a bag of malt too" to "show me the money!" in like 8hrs. Ya'll are crazy people. ;)

Um, before I add more bags, a few things. Do we know where this is shipping to - Syracuse proper or somewhere else? Also, what is the tentative time line for this order going out? We talking another week or like a month? When do you need the money in? It will take me time to show my people the catalog, see what they want, and wrestle the checks from them.

Mparsons327 said:

Yes, those numbers are correct. :mug:

I jumped on and added 0.250 of the following splits BZ-SPLT, BD-CHLT, GB-HONY, BZ-SMOK, and GP-FLOAT....I might add a few others to the list here shortly man this is so going to get me into trouble!!!!

I do have a F350 long bed and a trailer available for the kegs if needed?

Back