Syracuse, ny - round 5 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this...

Amazon Payments Personal Accounts enable Amazon.com account holders to make payments on third-party websites using the credit cards already stored on file with Amazon.com. With an Amazon Payments account, you can make secure purchases from third-party (that is, non-Amazon.com) websites that accept Amazon Payments without having to re-enter your payment information. As an added benefit, there is no cost to you when you use Amazon Payments for your purchases. You can also send & receive money from your friends and family to your Amazon.com e-mail address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Self-Service

Check account balance
View recent transactions
Manage account settings
Change e-mail address & password

Get answers to questions about your Amazon Payments account.
Contact Us

Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Ok so good news about the chase payment. It is reflecting tentatively in my checking account online today, and I am sure it will post completely today or tomorrow.

As for the amazon payment I received that as well in full. I just transferred that balance from my amazon account to my checking and that said it could take 5-7days, but I will see.

Short version is - looks like both services worked. I think we can use them next time around. (smashing feel free to use amazon - just let me know if that is what you plan to do since I have to withdraw it to get it to my checking.)

Buffalo Brewer $517.24 (Cashiers check - Pending Receipt)
Jhenderson27 $112.14 (Cash - pending receipt)
Smashing $113.98 (Money Order - Pending Receipt)
jbsengineer $161.47 (Money Order - Pending Receipt)
gergelgat $70.18

CidahMastahC
Bierhaus15 C
Copyright1997C
Jeffb418
drocu $175.33
rustbucket $276.16
twogunz $182.74
stunsm $163.46
CBK $145.12
Mparsons327 $242.98

Glad it worked out, Cidah. Hope it wasn't too much of a pain.

When is the anticipated pick up? I'll be out of town this weekend so trying to plan accordingly.

Glad it worked out, Cidah. Hope it wasn't too much of a pain.

When is the anticipated pick up? I'll be out of town this weekend so trying to plan accordingly.

with any luck pick up will be set for this weekend - please coordinate with jhenderson. (not a problem at all, I wanted to only try the online payment methods with a few people so we wouldn't hold up the order if we ran into problems. Thanks for being a beta tester!)

NEW ORDER THREAD:

This won't be going out until this coming spring; but as per copyright's request.... here is the new thread - save it for future use and post grain/hop interest on it as you like.

I anticipate this grain shipment to go out ~February-March 2012

If we get two full pallets before then, we will go for a third.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/syracuse-ny-round-6-group-grain-buy-279676/#post3466720

CidahMastah said:
why don't you try setting your stuff up on amazon.com's link. email would be [email protected] if you want to send me a payment. Not sure if you can use credit card or not - but a good time to try!

I'll give amazon a shot. PM me when you get it. Use this hotmail addy, right?

UPDATE ON CIDER IN BOTTLES

so after being in the bottles for about 19 hours they have not exploded yet...

the pepsi bottle that i placed some in its highly carbed up (just like if you opened a fresh pepsi with the phiss) so after my interview at two im going to do try the pasteurization... if that goes all well or not ill report...

UPDATE ON CIDER IN BOTTLES

so after being in the bottles for about 19 hours they have not exploded yet...

the pepsi bottle that i placed some in its highly carbed up (just like if you opened a fresh pepsi with the phiss) so after my interview at two im going to do try the pasteurization... if that goes all well or not ill report...

good luck on both ventures! I am sure you will be fine

I am having very bad thoughts....

So right now I have a dual stainless tower with two perlick 575ss spouts at my house... i freakin' love it, but I want more taps. Long and the short is I am looking at this:

for a bday/xmas from wife present. What do you guys think?

only issue is, if I were to get something like this I would have to sell my two tower set up. But I was thinking either 4 or 6 taps would be perfect.

Chime in if you have some good set ups, or even an interest in a, just less than 1 year old, dual tower with perlicks.

good luck on both ventures! I am sure you will be fine

All is well at the moment... They are in the hot water right now.. None have broke or blown up.. yet haha.. but i looked at the bottles right now on top there is like a clump of yeast that is dead floating.. haha so we'll see

Going to bottle up my molasses cider tonight too once that warms up from being in the fridge.. had to stop the fermenation it was dropping 5pts a day... (another test batch)

btw that tower looks awesome! if i were you *cough, cough* i would buy everyone that participated in the group buy one!!! *cough cough* :)

Well let me know what you decide to do I'm def interested.

will do - have a little more digging (and budget approval) to work on :) However i am thinking of doing this sooner than later.

Smashing - I see your payment in a pending status - please excuse me but I didn't notice it before.

update on payments

jbsengineer $161.47 (Money Order - Pending Receipt)
gergelgat $70.18

CidahMastahC
Bierhaus15 C
Copyright1997C
Jeffb418C
drocuC
rustbucket $276.16
twogunz C
stunsm $163.46
CBK $145.12
Mparsons327 $242.98
Smashing $113.98

I didn't send payment earlier - I wanted to verify your addy before I sent it. Glad you see it now. Hope it works out well on your end.

That's a nice tower Cidah, not cheap though. I've decided I'm doing recessed wall mounted taps over a bar for mine. This way I'll just have my keezer behind the wall for easy access. I'm going with 4 taps but leaving room to add 2 more (1 on each side) if I get greedy down the line. I ordered my perlicks and the remainder of the components last weekend!

i dis like you all, i need a house!!!! haha

but just bottled my molasses tester of cider :) so, its accutally quite interesting.. (needs aging has a sulfur taste to it.)

That's a nice tower Cidah, not cheap though. I've decided I'm doing recessed wall mounted taps over a bar for mine. This way I'll just have my keezer behind the wall for easy access. I'm going with 4 taps but leaving room to add 2 more (1 on each side) if I get greedy down the line. I ordered my perlicks and the remainder of the components last weekend!

no not cheap at all! The towers are $$ but they are built for a lifetime of use (same with the perlicks). Very cool design idea. Having the permenant taps will rock. I know for me, I am definitly getting a little greedy thinking 6 is the correct number to taps for me! haha.

OK - so I have some more checks to cash and the following people with the letter "C" at the end are the people whose payments have cleared into my checking.

update on payments

gergelgat $70.18

Smashing $113.98
jbsengineer $161.47

CidahMastahC
Bierhaus15 C
Copyright1997C
Jeffb418C
drocuC
twogunz C
rustbucket $276.16 C
stunsm $163.46C
CBK $145.12C
Mparsons327 $242.98C

Completed Splits:18. TF-AMBR - 1/3 (Mparsons327, CBK, copyright)
----------------------------------------------------------------
copyright1997 GW-C60 0.334 50 16.5lbs
copyright1997 GW-C15 0.334 50 16.5lbs
copyright1997 BZ-VIEN 1 55 55lbs
copyright1997 GW-C40 0.334 50 16.5lbs
copyright1997 BZ-CRPL 0.334 55 18lbs 5oz
copyright1997 GP-FLWHT 0.334 55 18lbs 5oz
copyright1997 BZ-ARO 0.25 55 13lbs 12oz
copyright1997 GP-FLCRN 0.25 50 12lbs 8oz
copyright1997 TF-PCHO 0.114 55 6lbs 4oz
copyright1997 CM-RYEM 0.334 55 18lbs 5oz
copyright1997 GP-FLRCE 0.5 55 27.5lbs
copyright1997 CM-WHET 0.5 55 27.5lbs
copyright1997 StarSan 1 Gallon Jug
copyright1997 PBW 7lbs 2oz
CBK CM-2ROW 1 55 55lbs
CBK TF-MOPA 1 55 55lbs
CBK GW-C60 0.334 50 16.5lbs
CBK StarSan 1 Gallon Jug
Mparsons327 CM-2ROW 6 55 330lbs
Mparsons327 BZ-CRPL 0.334 55 18lbs 5oz/QUOTE]

Just a quick question. I understand this was a last minute split. My question is did this split actually make it to the final invoice or was it too late?

Completed Splits:18. TF-AMBR - 1/3 (Mparsons327, CBK, copyright)
copyright1997 GW-C60 0.334 50 16.5lbs
copyright1997 GW-C15 0.334 50 16.5lbs
copyright1997 BZ-VIEN 1 55 55lbs
copyright1997 GW-C40 0.334 50 16.5lbs
copyright1997 BZ-CRPL 0.334 55 18lbs 5oz
copyright1997 GP-FLWHT 0.334 55 18lbs 5oz
copyright1997 BZ-ARO 0.25 55 13lbs 12oz
copyright1997 GP-FLCRN 0.25 50 12lbs 8oz
copyright1997 TF-PCHO 0.114 55 6lbs 4oz
copyright1997 CM-RYEM 0.334 55 18lbs 5oz
copyright1997 GP-FLRCE 0.5 55 27.5lbs
copyright1997 CM-WHET 0.5 55 27.5lbs
copyright1997 StarSan 1 Gallon Jug
copyright1997 PBW 7lbs 2oz
CBK CM-2ROW 1 55 55lbs
CBK TF-MOPA 1 55 55lbs
CBK GW-C60 0.334 50 16.5lbs
CBK StarSan 1 Gallon Jug
Mparsons327 CM-2ROW 6 55 330lbs
Mparsons327 BZ-CRPL 0.334 55 18lbs 5oz/QUOTE]

Just a quick question. I understand this was a last minute split. My question is did this split actually make it to the final invoice or was it too late?

Im pretty sure Cidah did include this with the order, but it looks like its missing from everyone's grain list.

Man - no good way to get the cost down on the towers! haha

the perlicks just kill you at about $60 a pop if you go for the 575ss and stainless shanks. To get the towers it isn't that much more to get a cool looking compact unit...

ugh, decisions decision...

Damn, I just remembered I have to bring containers for my splits! That could have been bad.

Yeah guys - as we get closer to grain pick up please remember:

1. Grab containers or bags for your splits.
2. Give Justin a courtesy text on the way in to let him know your ETA. This is not at his house, so you need to let him know when you are coming.

There is a walmart and a lowes nearby, so if you forget those will be your options for grain pick up.

Let Justin and I know if you have any questions.

Hey anyone picking up from Syracuse might be able to help me out?

I was supposed to pick up TwoGunz's stuff for him(about 200#) but concerned about the total weight I'm moving in my car.

Can anyone that's coming from Syracuse be able to pick his stuff? I'll have all of his splits pre-sorted and weighed out for you at jhenderson's place.

Let me know if you could help out.

Thanks,
Jeff B

JHenderson, Your inbox is full. I have a few questions about pick up.

feel free to text or call him as well

wanted to say this too (to the group not you specifically mparsons):

I am fronting the entire $3k for this order. So the next time around I am going to expect people to pay within a week or forfeit the right to their grain and potentially future buys. Not trying to be a jerk here, but if you can't pay within a week then you shouldn't participate. It holds up the group and isn't fair to the people who are responsive and pay quickly.

That isn't pointed at anyone, just sayin' ;)

Back