Syracuse, ny - round 5 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you have a sack on the passenger seat and one on the floor in front of it. Dam that is almost half a pallet in your vehicle. Hopefully you and all that grain made it back home ok. Looks to me that you will be putting your grain milling station to good use very soon.

There's actually 4 55# bags in the front passenger seat =)

Mission success - got all the grain in without any notice from the wife ;)

Downside is... going to have to brew at least 2-3 batches to make it appear as if I haven't added anything to the grain store in the basement! Great problem to have.

I think I am going to do Kate the Great (imperial stout), Denny Bourbon Vanilla Porter. If I get to a third I might do an UBU clone.

I just got your check buffalobrewer (thanks for coordinating and sending me just the one for your group):

gergelgat $70.18 (check - Pending Receipt)

The blue "C" means payments are in free and cleared [you are cleared for pick up]

CidahMastahC
Bierhaus15 C
Copyright1997C
Jeffb418C
drocuC
twogunz C
rustbucket C
stunsm C
CBK C
Mparsons327 C
SmashingC
jbsengineer C
Jhenderson27C
Buffalo BrewerC

Glad it finally got there. I was starting to worry. Thanks again to you and justin for doing the leg work!:mug:

So tonight i have jbs and smashing coming and tomorrow i have mparsons and buffalo. Already picked up is cidah, jeff, twogunz and drocu.

Anyone else got plans? I may have missed someone.

CidahMastah said:

Downside is... going to have to brew at least 2-3 batches to make it appear as if I haven't added anything to the grain store in the basement! Great problem to have.

I think I am going to do Kate the Great (imperial stout), Denny Bourbon Vanilla Porter. If I get to a third I might do an UBU clone.

That sounds like one of the good problems :) I'm stoked about my score on this buy, can't wait to brew and taste it

that should kill a bag with ease..... if your doing 11 gal batches... that's easily 30lbs of grain just for the denny's

So tonight i have jbs and smashing coming and tomorrow i have mparsons and buffalo. Already picked up is cidah, jeff, twogunz and drocu.

i might do tonight or tomorrow.. i just have to see what my plans are... ill def let you know asap (im thinking tonight)

that should kill a bag with ease..... if your doing 11 gal batches... that's easily 30lbs of grain just for the denny's

Yeah the Kate the Great is 34lbs of 2row, just the base malt!!

I figured I should get some big brews going to clear out some grain and keep the winter chill off

LOL! I have to bring my wife to do the pick up - there are some errands she want to run out there.

See ya tonight.

Hey, I acquired a few of these....
http://www.displays2go.com/Product.aspx?ID=948

They're just like this but have black trim. They are in very used shape and were used to dispense coffee beans. I grabbed them thinking of using them for light use grains where you only need .5 or 1lb or so. Problem is I don't have a designated brew area and I don't really brew often enough to use them. Does anyone use anything like this for grain?

ok, so im coming out there tonight i think.. what would be a good time for you? if you have off i can even do earlier today... like mid afternoon

what ever is best for you?

lastly am i still grabbing bierhaus stuff or is someone else doing it?

those are actually awesome idea.. even if you only buy couple lbs at a time... as you use it and put your "new" inventory on top you get rid of your older back stock first...

Maybe I'll try a quick cleaning on one and see what happens. Maybe I'll throw them up for sale. Really don't see myself ever using them. I'll never have a brew room.

Here's what it looks like - haven't cleaned it yet. Inerweb search show this may hold 2 gallons. So I'm guessing somewhere between 5-10 pounds of grain. Just thought of this - how great would they look holding whole cone hops!!!

IMAG0206-1.jpg

lastly am i still grabbing bierhaus stuff or is someone else doing it?

If you can do it, I would greatly appreciate it! I wouldn't be able to make it out that way for a while. Work is killing me, I got to drive to Maine and back before Sunday. Tomorrow is gonna suck.

I'll throw some $$ your way for gas. Thanks.

bierhaus15 said:
If you can do it, I would greatly appreciate it! I wouldn't be able to make it out that way for a while. Work is killing me, I got to drive to Maine and back before Sunday. Tomorrow is gonna suck.

I'll throw some $$ your way for gas. Thanks.

I can do it for you I'm going to put your splits on trash bags for now if that is ok, if its not a split between you and i. Just remember that you need to pick the stuff up this upcoming week as I am leaving on next Saturday and won't be back for quite some time

I can do it for you I'm going to put your splits on trash bags for now if that is ok, if its not a split between you and i. Just remember that you need to pick the stuff up this upcoming week as I am leaving on next Saturday and won't be back for quite some time

just make sure that you use febreeze scented trash bags :D

jhenderson27 said:
It will have to be after 10/1030. I have something to do before then.

I will also be there around 11am. I'm here in Rochester for the night, at the hockey game. (So, Mr copy, where did you go on vacation? Why, I spent a night in Rochester, NY!)

just make sure that you use febreeze scented trash bags :D

they smell like roses :ban:

but Thanks again guys (cidah, jhenderson)

jhenderson - again sorry for all the trouble i caused tonight! haha :) thanks for finding me.. otherwise the serial killer prob would have gotten me! and as i was driving through canandaigua all i could smell was STEAK i almost had to stop!

Cidah... i forgot to post this for you this is off topic but i wanted to show you teh salmon i caught this year... It just hit me while i was pondering things on my drive home.. lol

as well as, i was thinking i think we would have enough to last quite a while if an apocalypse happened with all this grain!

imgp4511.jpg

they smell like roses :ban:

but Thanks again guys (cidah, jhenderson)

jhenderson - again sorry for all the trouble i caused tonight! haha :) thanks for finding me.. otherwise the serial killer prob would have gotten me! and as i was driving through canandaigua all i could smell was STEAK i almost had to stop!

Cidah... i forgot to post this for you this is off topic but i wanted to show you teh salmon i caught this year... It just hit me while i was pondering things on my drive home.. lol

as well as, i was thinking i think we would have enough to last quite a while if an apocalypse happened with all this grain!

imgp4511.jpg

DUDE!! looks like we have to go salmon fishing at some point! haha

Great fish and seeing that is worth the trip. Didn't you say you would give me your first catch?? ;)

In the event of the apocalypse we will eat, and certainly drink... well!

man,... seeing that makes me think how much I want to take half of that and put it in my smoker

DUDE!! looks like we have to go salmon fishing at some point! haha

Great fish and seeing that is worth the trip. Didn't you say you would give me your first catch?? ;)

In the event of the apocalypse we will eat, and certainly drink... well!

man,... seeing that makes me think how much I want to take half of that and put it in my smoker

i was thinking that maybe ill drive down to your house this week and give you an 1 lb (2 - 1/2 lbs steaks) of it or something before i leave... i have 10 lbs or something like that....

i was thinking that maybe ill drive down to your house this week and give you an 1 lb (2 - 1/2 lbs steaks) of it or something before i leave... i have 10 lbs or something like that....

Ha - I will never turn you down on that one!

Seriously, that would be great - the wife's favorite is salmon so you would be in good with her ;)

I just sat down and poured a tall one. Thinking of whether i should make my ale fermentation chamber tonight or tomorrow while I do a double brew...

lol, i think i can do that (thought it would be nice for all this hard work you have been doing :p)

but i did too, i actually poured a pitcher for myself. (watching movies tonight/ way to lazy to get up and go get more so i brought it me)

lol, i think i can do that (thought it would be nice for all this hard work you have been doing :p)

but i did too, i actually poured a pitcher for myself. (watching movies tonight)

Now that is an honest man (pour a pitcher). Me, I pretend I will have less by pouring into a 20oz English pub glass... several times. haha

Enjoy - I am off to cut up some stuff for my ale chamber!

Now that is an honest man (pour a pitcher). Me, I pretend I will have less by pouring into a 20oz English pub glass... several times. haha

Enjoy - I am off to cut up some stuff for my ale chamber!

LOL, have fun! i wish i had a project... but if nothing is going on tomorrow maybe ill stop out if that is ok with you during the day?

its all dependent on what i have to do as well since i have to get things done :rockin:

^That's a great fish! I should really go fishing, it's been forever.

Feels good to have my grain - Thanks to Cidah and Jhenderson for all theur efforts!

Now, what to brew first......

^That's a great fish! I should really go fishing, it's been forever.

Feels good to have my grain - Thanks to Cidah and Jhenderson for all theur efforts!

Now, what to brew first......

that fish put up a hell of a fight.. i think i fought it for a good 20 - 30 min... forearms were dead! it was about 30-34" and about 25lbs

BIG BEER! use some of that grain up! when i come home next im thinking of doing a wee heavy

Anybody in the group have a good recipe for a Nut Brown Ale? One of the first beers I had way back in the 80's that made me say WOW, now THIS is great beer was Samuel Smiths Nut Brown Ale.

I'd like to take a crack at something like this on my next brew, given I just did an English IPA (still in the primary) and I want to stay on an English Beer theme.

Back