SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 4 Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure where we are count wise, but without getting specific yet ill probably grab a couple of sacks and some splits.

ScottishPete - got your request in

twogunz - we are at 19 bags - lay it on me when ready ;) Check post #2 for current splits - let me know if you want to add something to the listing.

Thanks!

Just giving this a bump - been a while since people voiced in for grains.

Come on folks!!

I am not in a hurry but I am sure that some people are ;)

yeah, im def not in this one.. my grain isnt going fast enough.. my pipeline is FULL to the max. carboys are full, minus the one im brewing today to fill... and i had to roll change the other night to have cash.... i really wish i had a job right now :/ :p

Ha - yeah, I can't complain about my pipeline or my grain reserves. That is just something that happens when you get a great price on grain. My backlog has me thinking about getting a refridge to store conditioned kegs!! ha

I am loving all the deliciousness in my pipeline. 4 on deck is great variety.

lol, i actually had to ask my friends for extra bottles the other day so i could bottle what i have... i just bottled a black ipa! im really excited to see what it taste like when its conditioned...

my dennys rye should be good to go this upcoming week...

today i just finished my last of the 3 brews for camp (Re brews).. so back to experimenting in about two weeks.... after that weekend my pipeline will be pretty short i know that for fact haha....

ever since i built my grain crusher, my eff. has gone from 72 at best to pushing between 85 and 90 depending on the amount of grain so i have far more that i originally needed.

lol, i actually had to ask my friends for extra bottles the other day so i could bottle what i have... i just bottled a black ipa! im really excited to see what it taste like when its conditioned...

my dennys rye should be good to go this upcoming week...

today i just finished my last of the 3 brews for camp (Re brews).. so back to experimenting in about two weeks.... after that weekend my pipeline will be pretty short i know that for fact haha....

ever since i built my grain crusher, my eff. has gone from 72 at best to pushing between 85 and 90 depending on the amount of grain so i have far more that i originally needed.

Well if it makes you feel any better - my buddy and I went to a bar early on and got about 10 cases of bottles. The best part was... cleaning them! I did a hot pbw soak for about a week. After that most of them were perfect, but I did another PBW soak for 3 days in clean non moldy water, then one step soak for about 3 hours. Overkill I know, but you should have seen the swill water that was created on the first run.

I am going to tell you that the Denny's will be awful, so I don't get your hopes up. But seriously, if you liked your previous rye brew (I really did) and you like IPAs (I know you do) you are in for a treat. I am thinking of rebrewing Denny's this weekend or next. Possibly taking on a dunkel as well.

By the way - did you like your summer ale? I ended up doing it two weekends ago, I think with the same or very similar recipe as you did. Pretty sure it was the same. My WL051 yeast was washed in January of this year and it still jumped up and took off. Man I love washed yeast!!

Keep plugging at those jobs!

Hey rust - what did you use fo your stir bar in your stir plate? I was thinking of building one, but not sure what size to get. I want to be able to do 1 gallon starters with it. I was checking out stirbars.com but there are a lot of options.

i use a 2" stir bar, that i got from rebel brewing, but im sure you can get one from anywhere... if you use something that large make sure you use some powerful magnets! im using hard drive magnets from like a 95 hard drive where they are massive!

the two inch one is perfect for me.. gets my 2000L flask going good!

btw how are you hops doing.. i was just looking at mine... they are starting to flower and one chinook is about 12 feet tall now.. the thing has grown like two feet in the past couple days... i still have to post a photo for you... of my set up... ill try and do that sunday since i wont be around for the next couple days (going to be at the car show)

i use a 2" stir bar, that i got from rebel brewing, but im sure you can get one from anywhere... if you use something that large make sure you use some powerful magnets! im using hard drive magnets from like a 95 hard drive where they are massive!

the two inch one is perfect for me.. gets my 2000L flask going good!

btw how are you hops doing.. i was just looking at mine... they are starting to flower and one chinook is about 12 feet tall now.. the thing has grown like two feet in the past couple days... i still have to post a photo for you... of my set up... ill try and do that sunday since i wont be around for the next couple days (going to be at the car show)

Cool - will look into that stir bar.

Yeah hops are kicking but, in particular the cascade. It is 15+ feet tall and running off my post. Lots of the little buds are showing up which is very cool. Still gonna have to do a bulk hop buy at the end of the summer though ;)

Next year I will put some effort into my hop set up like the rest of the stuff I grow. It took back seat to our second orchard this year - as you saw, my hop trellis is ghetto! :(

welcome captn - I have you marked down for your bag.

Just in case you are interested, if you have any interest in buying some specialty grains in split up bags let me know. Typically people do 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 splits. I will post them up on post #2. Order goes out when we hit 42 bags, right now we are at 20.

If you know other brewers, let them know of the buy so we can get this bad boy rolling (every grain buy has closed out quick so far, but this one has stalled out).

McMaster

I am going to make a mcmaster order today or this weekend for keg seals, etc. If someone wants to split the order with me let me know (first come first serve). This is time sensitive, so I might just order if it takes a bit for someone to step up. I need some of the stuff asap.

So if interested let me know ASAP. You can pick up your stuff at the grain pickup or sooner.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/mcmaster-keg-o-ring-list-233086/

I would be willing to split my entire order with 1 person (except the silicone rings for main seals because they come in packs of 5):

1. 9396K24 - (100 pieces) - liquid post $2.21
2. 9452K23 - (100 pieces) - Gas post $10.71

Not necessary to get both, but I like to be able to see which post is which because my keezer has no light.

3. 90025K368 - Dip tube rings - (100 pieces) $5.83
4. 9452K218 - Main seal - buna (10 pieces) $12.69

5. 9396K18 - Internal Quick Disconnect - (100 pieces) $6.11

6. 9396K926 - (won't split this because they come in packs of 5 - but wanted to try them) $7.88

It will probably be about $25 each for a lifetime supply of o-rings :), but I can let you know the shipping etc.

Hey Cidah, can you tack on a 1/3 split of GW-C10 to my order? Hopefully a couple others will jump in on this.

Thanks!

Ideed - we had been saying it was gonna happen - looks like we finally hit critical mass!

You got it. I just found some beer line on mcmaster too. Man I have a feeling that this is going to grow in to an expensive order!

here is one of the ones people have been buying:

5181K42

5233K552 was one of them too.

I think this is thinner than the line I got from keg connection (wall thickness). But the price is unreal!

I am thinking of snarfing up 50 feet with my keg seal orders.

cidah do you have any old picnic taps? or liquid side ball lock disconnects? that i could borrow or possibly buy off of you?

cidah do you have any old picnic taps? or liquid side ball lock disconnects?

I only have two party taps that are still in use and "in use" disconnects. I might have a new spare of the liquid post disconnects, but I am not sure.

You on a DIY mission?

I actually just replaced the beer line in my blingman bottle filler (a buddy is going to bottle some stuff up this weekend)

kinda... just trying to save money so that i can dispense 3 kegs for upcoming camp. Austin has the whole set up for 14 dollars but i need 3 of them so then after all said and done im up to 50 bucks. just seeing if anyone has stuff they wanted to get rid of.. lol

btw give me 10 minutes and ill upload my new kegorator and hop trellis

here is the new kegorator :rockin::off:

outside shot
imgp42691.jpg

Inside Shot fits 3 kegs, then made shelves under and beside to fit bottles and what not
imgp42701.jpg

This is the trellis, have a cable going across for both variety so that i can lower each one on its own like a pulley system. Chinook on the right, cascade on the left the whole thing is 18 feet tall, and the chinook is just about 14-16 right now Closest one on the right
imgp42731.jpg

very cool for both the kegerator and the trellis! Next year I am going to have to bump up the trellis design for sure (and relocated the rhizomes to a permanent location).

I bet you are loving your draft action right about now! I freakin love my tower on my bar. Just another way to dodge bottling.

Yeah everytime I start to pull together the hardware order the price go up - so I keep flinching and think... maybe I will just grab more hops instead!

Anyone's hops have cones on them yet? Mine just started getting burrs over the weekend - seems a bit late this year.

all mine have the little burrs on them right now.. no cones.. i figure mid-end of august harvest... or even early September

I just had the first glasses from my first two all-grain batches that are also my first two to be kegged... so damn good.

One of them was a guinness cline of sorts but with more to it. That will definitely be a regular around here.

I just had the first glasses from my first two all-grain batches that are also my first two to be kegged... so damn good.

One of them was a guinness cline of sorts but with more to it. That will definitely be a regular around here.

See - AG is doable!

For me the freshness of the brew just seems so much more. Awesome that it turned out. Now time for your nitrogen install! ;)

Anyone's hops have cones on them yet? Mine just started getting burrs over the weekend - seems a bit late this year.

mine are all burrs too. I am hoping I catch them in between trips and vacations.

I think everything is a bit behind this year. At least it feels that way. Right now we are just starting to get our garden veggie onslaught. I think last year this was happening a few weeks earlier.

my veggy garden is also behind.. could be because of the late start due to the immense amount of rain this spring.

corn is waist high, but everything has exploded the last few weeks... my pumpkins and squash are growing like crazy...

yup +1 on rain holding us up

we just started pulling giant squash out last week. Now we are getting snow peas, beans, cucumbers, etc. The tomatoes are primed, just not ripe yet. Good times! I have a feeling we will be canning soon. Just pulled up our shallots and garlic last weekend too (curing in the basement).

i wanted to do garlic but i was to late for me to do it...

my squash are just starting (butter squash tho) tomatoes are flowering, cucumbers flowering, watermelon just spreading like crazy... and the pumpkins each one has a vine like 10' long...

plus the gourds for my mom are starting to take off too....

i wanted to do garlic but i was to late for me to do it...

my squash are just starting (butter squash tho) tomatoes are flowering, cucumbers flowering, watermelon just spreading like crazy... and the pumpkins each one has a vine like 10' long...

plus the gourds for my mom are starting to take off too....

Did you do the giant pumpkins? Last year I did one of the giant plants and got 3 pumpkins off it. One was ~60lbs one ~90 and the largest about ~140lbs

I have fruits on the pumkin plants, but I have been breaking them off and the plants are now taking over the landscape!

We do it all from seed as well. Almost forgot I have cayenne, habenaro and jalapenos as well. Last year the cayenne and jalapenos did great. First year for habenaros.

CidahMastah have you made your McMaster order yet? I have about 10 corny's I need to reseal ( both pin & ball ) ... can I get in on your order?

You are in! I am haven't made the order just yet. If there is other stuff you want let me know. I hope to place the order this week. (14 kegs for me :))

So I will put you down to split the order in its entirety (as previously posted). Let me know if there are any deviations from that. i.e. you want to get 10 seals instead of split 10, etc.

Did you do the giant pumpkins? Last year I did one of the giant plants and got 3 pumpkins off it. One was ~60lbs one ~90 and the largest about ~140lbs

I have fruits on the pumkin plants, but I have been breaking them off and the plants are now taking over the landscape!

We do it all from seed as well. Almost forgot I have cayenne, habenaro and jalapenos as well. Last year the cayenne and jalapenos did great. First year for habenaros.

i only have one giant pumpkin plant the rest died before i got them in the ground... i did cayenne last year.. i dont eat that many peppers so i held out this year... (i dried mine and made a cluster like you see hanging down in the south west.) alot of mine are pumpkin pie pumpkins (little ones) plus the Cinderella pumpkin

for the giant ones, i heard if you break all the fruits off but one, all the supply will go to that huge one and make it enormous. like 200+

You are in! I am haven't made the order just yet. If there is other stuff you want let me know. I hope to place the order this week. (14 kegs for me :))

So I will put you down to split the order in its entirety (as previously posted). Let me know if there are any deviations from that. i.e. you want to get 10 seals instead of split 10, etc.

I would like 10 seals for myself please. I'll take 100ft of the 5181K42 too.

Holy geez that place has a lot of stuff.

I would like 10 seals for myself please. I'll take 100ft of the 5181K42 too.

Holy geez that place has a lot of stuff.

Sounds good, I think I am going to grab a couple of the mixer nozzles too to pump up a hefe carb and balance too:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure-your-short-hose-troubles-100151/
74695A58 Bayonet Mixer Nozzle

Right before I order I will PM you the order pricing etc. You can send me the coin via paypal like we do for the grain orders (let me know if you are unsure how).

Back