Syracuse/Armory Square Pub Crawl options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taypo

Reaction score
Hey all, heading to Syracuse in a couple weeks, gonna hit Dinosaur BBQ for lunch (See how it compares to TX BBQ) and hit Armory Square to check out some of the brewpubs I'm seeing online. Blue Tusk, Syracuse Suds and Empire Brewing all look to be right there. Any other thoughts/opinions?

Blue Tusk and Empire Brewing Co are the best ones in Armory Square. The Tusk has an excellent selection and Empire does a pretty good job of making high quality, accessible beers. Syracuse Suds isn't worth going to. Also, you should check out Middle Ages Brewing Co, not far from Armory Square. They brew mostly English styles, though they have some very good hoppy beers. Beast Bitter, Impaled IPA, and X Anniversary IPA are a few to look out for. Also, Ithaca brewing Co is always on tap at the Tusk and their Flower Power IPA is one of my favorite IPA's, one of the best in the country IMO. Ommegang is also easily found on tap.

Not sure how I missed Middle Ages, but they look fun too. Staggering distance from the square, I hope?

You'll be missing one of the best - Clark's Ale House is reopening (in Sept I think.)

The best brewery tour I've ever seen is at the FX Matt Brewery in Utica, that's about an hour to the east if you have car and are willing to travel.

Thanks for all the feedback, folks. We spent a good amount of time in the Blue Tusk - great selection of beers we just dont see in Texas (Empire, Middle Ages, Great Lakes). Empire was a great time as well, just a little too light on the selection. The Purple Haze clone they brew is pretty great - knocked me for a major loop.

Back