SWMBO brewing without me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1laskey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
MySWMBO justed called me at work to let me know that she is brewing today and asked where my hydrometer is kept...i feel like my worlds are coliding...

Wow- I don't know whether to say "congrats" or "uh-oh". I'd be shocked if Bob asked me where my hydrometers or refractometers are, but he is getting more and more into winemaking. Maybe one of these days he'll ask me, but I doubt it!

I personally would LOVE coming home from work with the smell of brewing throughout the apartment. I would send him the URL for the exact step by step guide from How to Brew. Just in case.

Then again, there is no way that would ever happen in my house. The most he usually wants to help is to throw in a few hop additions. Even then he doesn't stay around enough to do all 3-4 within a 60 minute boil.

I just hope that she doesn't under estimate the power of sanitation...or else she has 5 gallons of :ban:beer or enjoy for herself

Sounds like she is cheating on you. You might have to buy her a bouquet of hops to win her back.

LOL

"Baby, This beer is awesome!!"

Learn it!
Practice it!
Say it like your life depends on it!

Just kidding.
I think this is cool. My wife has taken an interest and always helps when I brew. I don't think she would brew on her own. That said, if I don't get busy and make the gluten-free beer I've promised her, I wouldn't put it past her to give it a try.

That's pretty cool, man.

The only phone calls I get from my SWMBO about homebrewing are sort of like this:

Me: Hello?
Her: The keg of <whatever> just kicked.
Me: Really?
Her: Yes. Make some more.
<click>

Back