SWMBO Brew day: Belgian Wit & Hefeweizen from one wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cox8611

Reaction score
As the topic mentions, the SWMBO LOVES belgian wits and Hefeweizens... and since i have a ton of stuff she doesn't dig and blue moon isn't as cheap as homebrew, going to knock both out in one day.

Going to do a 10gallon batch,
10lb Wheat
10lb Am 2-row
0.5lb Honey Malt

Boil (11.5 gallon)
60min: 2.5 oz Hallertauer 4.4%
After 60 mins, remove half the wort with keggle valve, chill and pitch Wyeast 3068. (Hefe)
Continue boiling wort after half removed, add 2lb Honey
10min: 0.5oz Hallertauer 4.4%
10min: 0.5oz Sweet Orange Peel
10min: 0.5oz Coriander
5min: 2g Grains of Paradise
Chill, and pitch Wyeast 3944 (witbier)

Solve this whole issue of not wanting to do two brew days to get something SWMBO likes and has options = saving $$.:rockin:

Let me know if anyone else has done this, I'd be interested in a few tricks if possible.

i know fullers does something similar except they put different runnings from the mash tun into different boils/fermenters then mix at different % to make their beers.

I just read into it more but I originally thought you were spicing your hefe as well. Either way, if you have the means to boil 11 gallons, there is no reason to not do brew days like this! Good work!

:rockin: awsome idea to fill the pipeline back up quickly and have two distinctly different beers. I most likely will do this very thing for my next brew day (only have apa's on tap right now). time to start thinking about lawn mower beer!:mug:

:rockin: awsome idea to fill the pipeline back up quickly and have two distinctly different beers. I most likely will do this very thing for my next brew day (only have apa's on tap right now). time to start thinking about lawn mower beer!:mug:

ESPECIALLY since i just got into keggin :D I'll have two distinct session/summer beers and i get to "scratch the itch" to brew and make SWMBO happy all at once. Win-Win baby... Win-Win

Latest posts

Back