Switches for 2000W Element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...what if I were to use them to control the PID that controls the element? I think the amperage on that would be low enough. Also I'd like to use them to control a march pump, which should only be 1.5A, correct?

bmick said:
Ok...what if I were to use them to control the PID that controls the element? I think the amperage on that would be low enough. Also I'd like to use them to control a march pump, which should only be 1.5A, correct?

You can use them for a PID and march pump. If I were you I would get a cheap contactor off Amazon. Its nice to be able to have the PID but no power to the element. You can get 30a contactors off amazon for $10 shipped.

Would I be able to wire the switch between the PID and the SSR for the element? That should keep the power to the PID while controlling the SSR and element, no?

Would I be able to wire the switch between the PID and the SSR for the element? That should keep the power to the PID while controlling the SSR and element, no?

SSRs leak some current so thats why its better to use a contactor on the hot after the SSR.

Hm ... when I see absolutely no ratings information for the switch it makes me suspicious. It lists nothing about current or voltage or horsepower ratings.

Back