Sweaty Taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bredle

Reaction score
I just build a keezer, and have sealed the collar pretty well with caulk. I sealed the gaps between the collar/freezer well and just ordered a fan, which I'll install for more even temperature. The keezer sits on my covered deck in Virginia, where it's routinely over 80 degrees. I've noticed significant sweating/condensation build up on the faucets themselves (see the attached picture). I also have some ice build up (just a thin layer) inside the keezer, and recently put in Eva Dry and Damp Rid (although I understand this may be a fact of life with a keezer build)?

Does anyone else have sweaty taps (faucets) or is it just me?!

IMG_5305.jpg

If you insist on having the kegger out in the summertime heat and humidity, that's where you're at. Heat is being pulled out of the faucets by being conducted through the shanks and into the freezer's air, but that's a good thing and will prevent excess foaming.

Back