Swap-O-Rama #5, The fall harvest...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can get -Firestone Walker, Lagunitas, Stone, Russian River, Lost Abby, Dust bowl.

Oh, how are you guys getting 40oz beers? Is this just a volume minimum? I'm used to 12pz std., 22oz bombers and 64oz growlers. Forgive me if this is a dumb question!

Anyone unhappy with their allotment of Heady Topper can send it down here to TX, or just include it in Canti's box, the last package of Heady I got is almost gone and I hate not having some around the house.

I can get -Firestone Walker, Lagunitas, Stone, Russian River, Lost Abby, Dust bowl.

Oh, how are you guys getting 40oz beers? Is this just a volume minimum? I'm used to 12pz std., 22oz bombers and 64oz growlers. Forgive me if this is a dumb question!

However you get to 40 oz. Is just fine...22 oz. Plus 2 12 oz. Works...or 4 12 oz....or just a growler...your choice.

Johnny and mike are the last two. Ill update in the morning. And hopefully do the drawing tomorrow.

TheMan said:
However you get to 40 oz. Is just fine...22 oz. Plus 2 12 oz. Works...or 4 12 oz....or just a growler...your choice. Johnny and mike are the last two. Ill update in the morning. And hopefully do the drawing tomorrow.
ty

However you get to 40 oz. Is just fine...22 oz. Plus 2 12 oz. Works...or 4 12 oz....or just a growler...your choice.

Johnny and mike are the last two. Ill update in the morning. And hopefully do the drawing tomorrow.

So i'm in, or no?

Ok mike, you got it!

#1 - InityBrew
#2 - Cathedral
#3 - milliser
#4 - beermeduffman
#5 - two_hearted
#6 - NormPeterson
#7 - lilrokz06
#8 - RedOktoberfest
#9 - Val214
#10 - DrPhunk
#11 - G-love
#12 - Canti4341 (Newbie)
#13 - SavoryChef
#14 - bcros80
#15 - absoluthamm
#16 - aeviaanah
#17 - psycotte (newbie)
#18 - pmcint01
#19 - johhnyhitch1
#20 - mikeysab
#21 - pluchar
#22 - talldan

And thats it! Ill do a drawing and send out your addresses, like I said, hopefully tomorrow.

Sweet I can go bottle shopping tomorrow.

Wait till you get your recipient so you know what he/she does not get.

Nice!
Thx TheMan, one more question. Should the other 80oz be fall/winter seasonals, hence the title of the round? or is it just a play on words? lol

Cheers guys, looking forward to another great round!

What does shipping usually run on one of these big swap packages?

I just shipped at 12 pack of 12 oz'ers via Fed Ex for less than $13 for shipping. Re-used packing materials from other shipments was no cost.

I just shipped at 12 pack of 12 oz'ers via Fed Ex for less than $13 for shipping. Re-used packing materials from other shipments was no cost.

I need your FedEx location to be my location :( Every time I go in there I shell out 30-50 bucks...and in a few occasions 85+ (Granted, that box went to Hawaii, but still)

BeerMeDuffMan said:
I need your FedEx location to be my location :( Every time I go in there I shell out 30-50 bucks...and in a few occasions 85+ (Granted, that box went to Hawaii, but still)

I spend an average of 15 to 20 dollars on coast to coast trades. Last swap coast me 40 dollars for a 30 pound package.

I spend an average of 15 to 20 dollars on coast to coast trades. Last swap coast me 40 dollars for a 30 pound package.

My last one was REAL lucky I guess....I weighed in twice at home and at work at 37 pounds, but they only charged me for 29 pounds. I guess I can't get screwed EVERY time, and the one time it did actually help out a bunch

Sign up for an account on Fedex.com and you will get an automatic discount, I believe 16%, and you never have to answer the "What's in the box" question. Just pack it up, print out a label and drop it off, super easy.

Sign up for an account on Fedex.com and you will get an automatic discount, I believe 16%, and you never have to answer the "What's in the box" question. Just pack it up, print out a label and drop it off, super easy.

Now this is a fantastic idea...I just may have to do this.

Hey guys, I recently submitted some feedback to seekabrew to let them know a ton of breweries recently started distributing to colorado. I got an email back saying they had updated the list.

If you have time, it might be worth shooting them an email to help keep things up to date. That way you have a better chance of getting beer that is not in your area.

I have this bottle of Mead I may send out....they said this stuff is available at a few different states, but I just may send anyway. Think anybody will complain?

Indytruks138 said:

I inquired about this at my local Fedex and was told the savings where based on how often you ship. Essentially the more you ship the more you save. If I remember correctly they said the savings start at 2%.

I have this bottle of Mead I may send out....they said this stuff is available at a few different states, but I just may send anyway. Think anybody will complain?

If its good send it to me. Not much mead here that is any good except mine

You need to sign up for a Fed Ex account online. You print the label at home, package it yourself, and simply drop it off st an authorized Fed Ex location. I'm pretty sure you save money that way. Its free to get an account. You don't need to be a business or high volme shipper either.

I inquired about this at my local Fedex and was told the savings where based on how often you ship. Essentially the more you ship the more you save. If I remember correctly they said the savings start at 2%.

I've heard the same about the more you ship the bigger the discount but the program terms do not state anything about it escalating, just that you get the discount, 16% on certain programs, 8% on ground and home delivery, which is what I use the most.

Indytruks138 said:
I've heard the same about the more you ship the bigger the discount but the program terms do not state anything about it escalating, just that you get the discount, 16% on certain programs, 8% on ground and home delivery, which is what I use the most.

Yeah I just signed up for an account and thats what it said, 16% on express, 8% on ground and home delivery.

Back