Swamp Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Reaction score
Anyone else do a "Swamp keg" It's the keg I use to poor all my extra beer into after I transfer from the fer. to the keg.. Alot of all grain guys wouldn't have this but us Extract guys get an extra 4L or 1 Gallon.. sometimes instead of bottling I dump the extra into a keg and just wait until it's full.. Makes for a different kinds of beer..

I got ya! Better than bottling it I would say. You could even purge the keg before filling it so you could force carb and drink it while you wait for the other 5 gallons.

I got ya! Better than bottling it I would say. You could even purge the keg before filling it so you could force carb and drink it while you wait for the other 5 gallons.

Thats what I do.. Purge after I fill keep the air out.. then add abit of pressure now and then to try and help the next batch.. Sometimes I drink it before.. Sometimes it makes for some pretty interesting but good beer, that being said it only take 1 batch to ruin the keg!

Back