Surly Abrasive Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad1

Reaction score
So my most recent brew I did was an attempt at a Surly Abrasive clone. I really like Abrasive and think it tastes great, not abrasive at all just pure tasty wonderfulness. So Surly lists on their website the ingredients they use, but not any percentages or other specifics. I used that info and used beeersmith to try and get a recipe that was close, but I accept it likely will taste different but just going for something close. There was already a clone recipe listed on beersmith so I took that into account but make some changes. here is what surly says;

2lc342t.jpg

and here is the recipe I came up with

2u7oina.jpg
[/IMG]

Fermentation is 3 1/2 weeks in and I just took a gravity reading. Its at 1.012, and it seriously tasted very similar. Still have yet to dry hop. Instead of English ale yeast I used American II 1272. I have been making a video of my whole process that I will post when its finished.

Sounds good. Seems like alot of Citra. I know ive tasted citra in it, but I wouldnt call it dominant.
Would love to hear how it turns out. I really like this beer, just not the price it fetches.

Latest posts

Back