Supply chain issues?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wetmk

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Placed an order with my first choice online ingredient retailer, Ritebrew. The particular Euro and British malts I wanted were out of stock. I went domestic, no biggie. Anyone else notice this?

The two reasons they are my first choice: 1) price 2) I placed this order Sunday night around 11pm. Around 10 am Monday morning they informed me the order had shipped.

Everyone is having supply chain issues. If you need (want?) a particular item you may have to check with several suppliers. With that said, Ritebrew is my go to as their price is hard to beat and they are fast to ship. I have learned to not order on Thursday or Friday as the shipper puts their trucks into a warehouse over the weekend and my order sits there.

Clearly there are legit "supply chain issues" extant, but then there are those who take advantage and claim things are "supply chain issues" when the root cause of the issue was human error.

Eg: Renewal By Andersen was supposed to replace the two sashes in a double-hung window they installed this fall and the installation was scheduled for November 12. They called on November 10th and claimed they had one sash in hand but the other was delayed due to "supply chain issues". I contacted the technician who had recommended the replacement and she told me her office had failed to order both sashes. When I confronted the concierge on my account with this information he did a deep water two step and admitted that was indeed the case...

her office had failed to order both sashes.
Still qualifies as a supply chain issue. I agree that it's a tad dishonest to simply pass it off as a broader supply chain issue. But people have been doing such long before we had a real legitimate supply chain issue.

I've had more issues trying to get chains and brake pads for my bikes since shortly after COVID though than I have anything beer. And bike tires may or may not be my next big issue trying to find the brand and model I want.

Clearly there are legit "supply chain issues" extant, but then there are those who take advantage and claim things are "supply chain issues" when the root cause of the issue was human error.

Eg: Renewal By Andersen was supposed to replace the two sashes in a double-hung window they installed this fall and the installation was scheduled for November 12. They called on November 10th and claimed they had one sash in hand but the other was delayed due to "supply chain issues". I contacted the technician who had recommended the replacement and she told me her office had failed to order both sashes. When I confronted the concierge on my account with this information he did a deep water two step and admitted that was indeed the case...

Ugh. Don't get me started on Renewal by Andersen. OK, I'll get started...

Last summer we ordered 2 replacement sliding patio doors. Should've been a done-in-one thing, but I've been spending the past several months hand-holding those guys and it's not completed yet. Doors are in, but sliding screens on back order. One of the latching mechanisms is wonky--a replacement for that is probably sitting on a Chinese freighter off the port of Santa Barbara. And the sub who installed the doors somehow "lost" the photos of the install that the city requires to close out the permit. They had to return, city inspector in tow, and tear out pieces of trim so the inspector could visually confirm that there is sufficient insulation.

RBA keeps spamming me with email surveys, which I delete. I can't rate them when they haven't completed the job. Well...I could, but they wouldn't like the review I'd give them.

That is right smack in the apocryphal bullseye. We had six sliders (mostly 8s and couple of 6s), six awning style windows (4x3') and six massive double hungs (7'x44") done over the course of two years. We're down to the last bug, but along the way there were no fewer than 3 do-overs and another 10 call-backs for adjustments and parts replacements.

I would not recommend them to anyone...

Back