SuperBowl Beers based on competing teams.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadHopper

Reaction score
I am planning a SuperBowl party at my house. Usually I serve my own homebrew and/or cocktails at these parties. Unfortunately, this year I am a little low on my own brews. Also, I usually try to keep the food and drink theme related to the competing teams (was a lot of fun two years ago with the Saints playing!).

So I was thinking of buying beers representing the competing team's city and need some help since I am not totally familiar with either Boston or New York City beers.

For the Patriots, Sam Adams is kind of obvious. I have also had Harpoon (though I can't seem to find any in my area). If you extend to 'New England', Allagash is the other choice and more easily available.

For New York City, the only beer I am aware of is Brooklyn Lager.

Are there other craftbrews from these areas that are widely distributed (or at least distributed in CA)?

Thanks!

The Superbowl is so lame this year, I think I'll be brewing instead of watching it. Probably has something to do with the fact that I'm an Eagles fan.

Ommegang makes some great beers they`re in Cooperstown N.Y.

for easy drinkin` Genessee Cream ale is out of Rochester N.Y. I`m
not sure you can get em in So-cal though

Love Ommegang beers, but they're more central NY-state. Was looking for breweries in the city itself.

I went to grad school in Rochester, NY and was Genessee Cream was my poor-grad student beer :p. Will serve them the day Bills make it to the SuperBowl :D

The Superbowl is so lame this year, I think I'll be brewing instead of watching it. Probably has something to do with the fact that I'm an Eagles fan.

As a friend of mine said, I would love it if both teams lose this year.

Still, it is a good enough reason to party and drink beer. (not that one needs a reason for it)

Well since its Boston im sure u could use Sam Adams. But thy are the new England patriots, so expand a little. Sam sucks. Magic hat, Portsmouth, Berkshire (which is from mass and makes awesome beers) to name a few

+1 on the ommegang for ny

Cooperstown, NY is far too far away from The Meadowlands to be representative of the Giants. If you can find any of Six Point's beers, you'll be golden!

Mayflower is in my hometown, its pretty good but I have no idea of their distribution...I am like 45 minutes from Foxoboro Stadium...I tried Blatant this weekend and it was pretty good, started by the guy who got Mayflower up and running

Do you want a beer FROM New York, or just representing NY? Because the Coney Island beers are pretty NY themed, and should be easily available being a California brewery.

Genessee would represent Buffalo as ROC is a Bills city and Cooperstown is more upstate anyways... it's kind of a half Bills/Giants split.

Blue Point, Six Point, Brooklyn, Captain Lawrence... NYC/NJ isn't all that good as far as I'm concerned, unfortunately. I'd probably stick with Brooklyn.

Idk what distribution you get in SD but I'd try and mix it up with some Sam, Magic Hat, and Harpoon. I doubt you see much else. Maybe a bottle or two of Allagash for a toast? The Sam Infinium would be good for that too.

If you can find Flying Fish Exit 16 you'd be set. For those of you who don't know exit 16 is the exit for the Meadowlands. Anyway, I am a Giants Fan and will hopefully be spreading some Carton and Kane growlers around that day.

Back