Super quick fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrien

Reaction score
Hi
I just had a fermentation finsh in 3 days! 21 litres of freshly pressed juice SG 1.050 to start and i just measured it now and it was 1.000. I used Lalvin EC-1118 champagne yeast with yeast nutrient and a little added sugar.

Can it happen this quick?

Yes, it can, especially when fermentation temps are higher, say, well above the recommended 60-64F with that yeast.
Did you do anything to control the ferm temps toward the lower end of it's temp range?

Hi
I just had a fermentation finsh in 3 days! 21 litres of freshly pressed juice SG 1.050 to start and i just measured it now and it was 1.000. I used Lalvin EC-1118 champagne yeast with yeast nutrient and a little added sugar.

Can it happen this quick?
I'm having similar results with the same yeast and I'm loving it. I'm sure it could be much more complex and all but it still tastes good to me. I have no way to regulate temp but it doesn't bother me. I have held off on starting mead so my honey was turned into various cysers. The session cyser also finished very fast.

I just bottled 5 gal tonight that was in apple form 10 days ago! It is completely dry and should be around 6.2% I have also been inoculating my last few batches with the Lee's from the previous one.

As a beginner I don't see this as a problem, I will try to bottle age a few bottles but my friends and I have been enjoying it as it is.

Back