Super Excited about Brews!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lxa4christ

Reaction score
In my first go round with brewing, I decided to do 3 AHS kits last Saturday: Belgian White, Double Chocolate Stout, and the Chimay Grande Reserve Clone. Today, I checked SG's on all three and decided to take a "taste" from the sample. I am blown away at how amazing the 3 taste, even being completely without carbonation. I am incredibly stoked and just thought I would share :)

Thanks again to everyone that has helped me through the process. I am already planning my next 3 beers for another brew day soon; just need to get these 3 into secondary first ;-)

That first one always get's to you. Every time. I just checked my 1st IPA a little bit ago for a 1st FG. Went from OG 1.050 down to 1.011 in 2 weeks. It needs to settle more & reach a stable FG. But man,does it taste like it's gunna be real good! lemon,grapefruit,& bitter orange flavors coming out from the hops I used. And it ain't even dry hopped yet.
So I share your excitement,this is gunna be great. Got a nice lil buzz from the hydrometer sample too.:mug:

Awesome, I am barely a step ahead of you, just bottled my second batch and it tasted great flat. You might read up around here on the need for Secondary's. Not many do it anymore. Of course making room for new batches is a solid reason.

All those beers sound great. You and I have similar tastes. You've inspired me to open up the fridge and see what I have in there.

Back