summer fruit beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeyakid

Reaction score
hey guys i would like to try to make a awesome fruit flavored beer to just chill with during the summer. any ideas if so put the name and describe the taste if you have the recipe post it here as well. Thanks

BTW i have a 5 gallon fermenter :mug:

My buddy started doing a Cactus Pear Wheat that is pretty awesome. It's just 5 lbs 2 row, 5 lbs wheat, and 1/2 lb honey. Throw in 1.25 oz EKG at 60 min and 0.5 oz Cascade at flameout. Use a dry yeast like S-05 (you can use 1056 if you want to use a smack pack. Let it ferment out and rack onto 4 cactus pears (he freezes them first). He's tried multiple batches to get the amount of cactus pear correct and 4 has come out the best.

Pete's Place near my home town brews a peach choc beer that I really didnt think i'd like but it's actually great for a hot summer mower/summer session beer. I think any US light wheat beer recipe using peaches in the secondary would be pretty close.

Well it's not exactly a fruit beer but it tastes like a lot of citrus especially grapefruit. Morebeer has an inexpensive all citra kit that is really just a great summer ale!

I have a couple quarts of brandy cherries I received from a friend.

I'm going to take a swing at a cherry wheat in the near future.

Back