Suggest a recipe for my fourth-ever batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfrider

Reaction score
Well, I finally drained the dregs of my first three batches, and the trio of squeaky-clean corny kegs in the corner are calling my name; I guess it's time to make my fourth-ever batch of beer! There's only one problem; I can't seem to decide what to make. Any recipe suggestions? I'd like to find a solid, proven recipe that is:

1. Easy on the hops,
2. Yeasty,
3. Malty, and
4. Not an all-grain recipe.

As long as it meets those requirements, I'm up for anything; traditional, "weird," or anything in between. Fire away! :tank:

PS: Thanks! :)

Now is a good time to do a winter ale, if that's your sort of thing. I did mine today. I plan on oaking it, so it should be ready by December/January.

I think an English Brown, naturally carbed in the keg, with a handful of raisins tossed in the secondary. Served at approx. 48°.

The dunkelweizen suggestions sound interesting; I wasn't familiar with the style until now. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the banana notes; while I love fresh bananas, I *hate* things that "taste like bananas."

I seem to recall hearing that the banana notes were the result of funky esters produced during warm-ish primary fermentation? Something like above 78 degrees...? I can't recall; getting too old. Or too drunk.

Yeah, I've always heard that the lower you ferment, the less banana tasting it will be. If you go lower you get more clove/spicy notes. I think mine has a hint of bubblegum to it...

Oktoberfest is fast approching. You can get a batch done just in time if you get started soon! :) ...in other words, something German!

I've been looking to do a Fat Tire clone. I think that would be great and fill your requirements.

Latest posts

Back