Suedo brew sculpture?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume you're using pumps to get liquid from one place to the other...

Is there enough clearance in the bottom for the tun to sit there? Will it be too close to the burners above?

I just went and looked at it on my lunch hour and it's a little on the flimsy side. You would definitely need a pump system. I do think there is enough room below for the mash-tun without being too close to the burners.

It's not the greatest, but for someone like myself who would like to get into AG this wouldn't be a bad place to start without spending a fortune.

Well... you don't really need a sculpture if you want to start on AG.

Here's my set-up... hardly sophisticated, but it produces beer and all I had to buy was a couple bricks. :D

ghetto_rig.jpg

Well... you don't really need a sculpture if you want to start on AG.

Here's my set-up... hardly sophisticated, but it produces beer and all I had to buy was a couple bricks. :D

ghetto_rig.jpg

+1. Mine looks a lot like that too. A table and a burner is all you really need to get started. I heat up my mash and sparge water in the kitchen, bring it out to my cooler on a folding table, and go from there. Sometimes the cooler is put up higher on a bucket or milk crate for drainage purposes, but that's about it. You don't actually need much to get going.

DSCF0081.JPG

Back