Substitute for Mosaic Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmit209

Reaction score
I've brewed a very delicious pale ale primarily using Mosaic hops for dry hopping. These add a nice, light citrus, floral, almost pineapple flavor to the beer. They are definitely my favorite hop by far. Now I am planning to scale up this recipe (lots of friends getting married and asking for wedding beer). Mosaic is becoming increasingly difficult to get, especially in larger quantities. Many websites are limiting to 4oz, and local homebrew stores sell out frequently. I even heard that Boulevard Brewing had to change the recipe of their Pop-up IPA because Mosaic couldn't be ordered in large enough quantities to build a brand around them. This problem will likely fade with time, since they are a relatively new hop.

I know they come from Simcoe and a Nugget-derived male... and they have also been called "Citra on steroids." Can anyone recommend a hop, or blend of hops to use as a dry-hop substitute?

I replaced Mosaic with a combination of Citra and Galaxy... wont be exactly the same but it's actually coming out better than Mosaic in the one APA i brewed.

Back