Stupid beer, still not carbonated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooMooBrew

Reaction score
several months back i brewed a beautiful white IPA, first keg was awesome, been trying to get the second keg up and running. Put it at 10 psi, sat it for a couple weeks, still flat. Bumped it to 20, left if a couple weeks, still flat. bumped it to 30, waited a week, still flat.

Beer has no head while pouring, CO2 is going into keg, system has no leaks.

what gives?

Your glassware may have soap residue if there is carbonation in the beer, but no head will form when poured.

Uh, maybe a dumb question, but do you have the shutoff valve at the bottom of the CO2 regulator open? Do you hear the CO2 going into the keg when you turn up the gas?

If the beer is cold, the CO2 is getting into the keg, and the keg is holding pressure, it is impossible for it not to carbonate. You are missing something that is preventing one of the factors above from happening. You need to troubleshoot every point of failure from the CO2 tank to the keg.

Good luck!

It's a 7tap kegorator. All other beers have carbonated except this one. I'm of the same opinion, which is why I'm baffled.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If it is dispensing then it is under pressure and should carbonate eventually. It does seem like an excessive time to carb up. You have apparently crossed into the Twilight Zone...
It's completely flat? Like if you stir/shake it or put some salt it it doesn't gas at all?

i have the special lid that allows me to force carb in 24 hrs without shaking and i just set it at 10 and leave it. it amazing and i highly recommend it.

Bret

Back