Strains of weed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyInOregon

Reaction score
What kind of weed do you like? I just had a great toke of some weed called Pennywise. It tastes like dirt and mushrooms, but the high is really nice.

Well, wth, if they're gonna let this thread live a little longer...

Weed has been hella legal in Massachusetts for a few years now, and the stringent (on paper at least) regulations provides some assurance that it's clean.

And it is now apparent that as neighboring states join the legalized fun the price to the consumer is starting to drop. I can now buy 30%+ strains at a $200 per ounce rate, something I didn't think would ever happen, when the debut pricing was up around $400 an ounce, at least double the street price back then...

Cheers! (It's all good 🥳)

when i was around it, they bred their own....now they want $20 a single seed aparently...

and even charging $14 for your 3.5g's....means these drug dealers are making $5k off one plant, still a big rip...in both senses of the word....

when i was around it, they bred their own....now they want $20 a single seed aparently...

and even charging $14 for your 3.5g's....means these drug dealers are making $5k off one plant, still a big rip...in both senses of the word....
True, but here in Oregon the legal stuff is top quality, and I'm a lightweight. I'm happy with it. :)

True, but here in Oregon the legal stuff is top quality, and I'm a lightweight. I'm happy with it. :)

if were you i'd build a green house... or get some good LED grow lights..

but i'm not you, and like easy to make drugs like beer and dope..... ;) nothin like whippin up some ibuprofenamide, and stickin it to the gangstas!

and i've introduced myself, lol

Well, it's still open.

I'll take the opportunity to address one misconception about weed.

The 1970s stereotype of stoner being lazy and "good for nothing" might have been somewhat true back then. But nowadays it's legal and that makes it not as fun anymore. So you don't see kids doing it to be rebellious because now it's grampa's thing. Lol

Plus if you OD on weed you'll get some good zzzzz. No violence. No hangover.

I don't see why weed is controversial. But then I'm in Oregon :rock:

For every example of violence somehow related to weed, there are 100 examples or more somehow related to being drunk. So you can't in any way believe that smoking pot is worse than drinking as far as violence goes

Who determines what's controversial, anyway? If I'm offended by something, can I get it banned?

All I know is my wife has been laid up post surgery, so she was working on a puzzle for several days and had maybe 20% done. One night I vaped some Sativa and my mind was firing on all cylinders...was picking out pieces and finding the spot for it like crazy...in 4 hours I think I did another 50% of the puzzle. Don't think I even looked up from the puzzle in 4 hours! The strain was Tahitian Punch.

I tend to suffer with insomnia and a few hits of Northern Lights (indica) before bed helps me snooze. Relives stress too... lol. Here in Calif. Bay Area I can get it delivered to my house within a couple of hours usually.
I'm sure all the neighbors see me walking out to the delivery guy's car in my PJ's to get my next score.

I don't often partake, but when I do it's edibles; or in extreme cases, I have a small vape pen. I cannot stand the taste or the smell of weed, makes me nauseous; but I do like the buzz I get from a 100mg edible now and again. Last time I had one, a week or so ago, I ate it then got busy doing other things; to the point I forgot I had eaten it. 90 minutes later it hit me like a freight train full of hippies. Fortunately I hadn't forgotten to the point that I drove anywhere.

Used to grow my own back in the day. Strawberry cough (sativa) was my favorite and was always in rotation. I usually had some sort of hybrid as well, just for something different.

These days I get medical vape pens and edibles. Still prefer sativas for my vape and edibles for helping me sleep.

I’ve been growing strains from Mephisto Genetics for the last year and a half. They are incredible breeders.

I particularly like their indica heavy hybrids. Like double grape, creme de la chem, and forum stomper ( their version of Girl Scout cookies).

1678041410432.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1657097025...8vpx5sU1x46oyIWjqeobg30jDhWpfmJxoCCxAQAvD_BwE

Lol.

Bracc, obviously you don’t have a black belt in shopping.

If I buy seven seeds from each of the three strains I mentioned I’m buying twenty one seeds, and getting twenty free seeds... for a cost of $6.39 per seed.

For less than the cost of an OZ of the bunk the local dispensary sells I get 41 seeds that will give me three to five OZ per plant of better stuff than I can buy locally. That’s 123 to 203 OUNCES of killer cannabis for less than one oz of local bunk.

I have a few hundred Aurora Indica seeds left over from a seed crop I grew a couple years back. I’ve given away hundreds of them, but still have hundreds left. I don’t NEED to buy seeds, but they are nice for a guaranteed female crop and to have variety. I love Aurora Indica, but a full tent of just one strain gets old. Variety being the spice, et al.

Time for a rules reminder: Political discussion is not allowed on HBT except in the "Debate" forum, which is open to supporting members only. The topic of this thread will tempt some to make political comments, and this occurred with three recent posts (I was guilty of one of them.) These posts have been deleted.

Please try to avoid straying into political commentary, if you want your posts to stay here.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

Back