stoves and BTUS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breisspastor

Reaction score
probably getting new stove... Right now we have an electric stove that I use two burners to bring my 5-6 gallons of wort to a boil. It takes forever and is awkward. I don't want to get a seperate burner system. I would like my kit stove to do the job. What amount of BTUS can I find in a kit stove... WHat is minimum? 10,000?
Thanks.

Even the highest powered stove will probably peak around 15k BTU, which is pretty wimpy.

When I have to use the stove I just use 4 pots to get the water up to temp. After that 1 burner can sustain the boil.

I sell appliances and even the high end and very expensive units only go up to 18000btus or a tad higher. They have a huge price tag. For that price, you could buy fully decked out brewmagic and ingredients for a year.

you really need a propane burner to do it right. i have 2 burners (1 for the strike water and 1 for the boil). 1 is 58k, and the other is 80k. anything less than the 58k leads to an unacceptable time to me

Back