Stout feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreaded_rust

Reaction score
Not sure if this attachment will work but id like a little feedback on this stout im putting together. Im a little iffy on what yeas to use and the hop schedule as well.
Is centennial a good hop for a coffee stout? I have almost a pound of it.
Hopefully the attachment works, i used Biermacht app and couldn't figure out how to export the recipe

View attachment final coffee stout-2016-08-13_06-50-11.xml

Screenshot_20160813-070021_zpsc76rcaxt.png

Screenshot_20160813-065954_zpsfup16qon.png

Screenshot_20160813-070002_zps6hvugctn.png

I would back off of the added sugars, to be honest. If you run into an issue with an excessively sweet finish, you can always add it to your fermenter. There's also no need for finishing or flavor hops; they will get lost in the massive roast character anyway. Instead double your bittering addition -- by the time this beer has mellowed, your IBU level will have depreciated by 50%. Centennial works fine for this recipe. And make sure you use a properly sized yeast starter (3-4 L) or more than one satchet of yeast.

All in all, it's a solid recipe. Good luck, and be patient!

Thanks
Ill save the fuggles for another beer then. Really i was just looking at the brown sugar to add a bit more gravity since this is only my third AG batch and im having troubles with efficiency.

I have three packets of s-04 so with it hydrated im sure it will be pleanty

You don't need the carapils. I'd maybe dial back the roast malts slightly but up to your palate :D

Latest posts

Back