storing hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avm221

Reaction score
I got a really good deal online so I have 3.5 pounds beeing shipped to me as I type this.
What is the best way to store them so they last. I can keep them in my kegarator that's around 40F or if I need to clear room in my freezer.

Portion them out in appropriate usable sizes and vacuum seal them and store in the the freezer.

de3isit said:
Portion them out in appropriate usable sizes and vacuum seal them and store in the the freezer.
Pretty much what I do right there. Don't forget to label the hops and the aau

what those two guys said - portion out, vacuum seal, label and freeze (I actually do double of triple portions because hops break apart easily enough).. no I'm not just upping my post count; that's just a happy coincidence of confirming what others have said.

stop looking at me swan!

I don't have access to a vacuum sealing device. I have 5 one pound bags in my freezer. I only portion them out on brew day then try and manual push out the air and tape off the opening in the bag then i put them back in the freezer. I think they will last at least a year this way. If my beer stops tasting good i will know my system is flawed.

Back