Store Water Dispensors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kithikor

Reaction score
I was thinking, yes it usually gets me in trouble, since home water changes throughout the year, what about water you get from the dispensing machines from Meijer or Wal-Mart? Would it just be better to buy a home water test kit and test your water the day before brew day so you know what you need to do to the water?

Thanks in advance.

I use ro water from Walmart and the grocery store for brewing. I have an inexpensive tds meter that I take with me and measure the water in the store to make sure the machine isn't totally out of whack. Works great.

I have not used the water test kits so I can't speak to those.

Or is any fluctuation in the water really going to make that big of a difference, since I do not do competition brewing anyway? I know... I need to do my own tests to find out, but the water test kit prices I could put that money to good use elsewhere...

I use RO water from the store, it minimizes seasonal differences in the water profile, and even better it's cheap. I can buy a lot of water for the price of a test kit.

I use RO water from WalMart, just for consistency & I don't have to worry what's going on with my water on brew day

LoCo is doing their annual springtime hydrant flushing. plus when it rains they tend to dump extra chloramine into the water

Wally World Water just eliminates having to deal with all that

Back