Storage locker broke into.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fracturedman

Reaction score
So, I recently moved into a new apartment and had to move most of my brewing equipment into storage. I was called today by the storage facility manager that my storage locker was broken into. I went to check it out and they took a few boxes. One of the boxes had most of my brewing equipment in it. Anyone know where I can buy cheap or maybe used equipment?

+1 craigslist, although you might want to just pony up for another starter kit to get new plastics

sorry about the break-in...that sucks

you would probably find your own stuff on craigslist. damn thief's

So, I recently moved into a new apartment and had to move most of my brewing equipment into storage. I was called today by the storage facility manager that my storage locker was broken into. I went to check it out and they took a few boxes. One of the boxes had most of my brewing equipment in it. Anyone know where I can buy cheap or maybe used equipment?

That sucks, isn't part of the reason to use one of those places because they are secure?

I would check out the craigslist idea depending on what you need. I was able to snag a really nice brew pot and nice keg setup off there for pretty reasonable. I do have to say the stuff on there tends to sell quick if the prices are decent.

That sucks, isn't part of the reason to use one of those places because they are secure?

I would check out the craigslist idea depending on what you need. I was able to snag a really nice brew pot and nice keg setup off there for pretty reasonable. I do have to say the stuff on there tends to sell quick if the prices are decent.

Yeah, that is what I thought. I guess they had a few unit broken into. I just fear that I know what my brewing equipment will be used for now. It will probably go from brewing delicious liquids to making deadly drugs.

The storage company should be insured. Stick it to them.

+1 I know the last storage unit I had, this was part of the contract for the space. They were insured for any items up to a certain amount (I don't recall how much it was, but it was in the thousands). Worth looking into at the least.

I would double check this. Most renter's insurance covers your stuff no matter where it is.

Check this; my renter's insurance partially covered the cost of a laptop stolen from my workplace (and customer service there said they should cover the full amount). Depending on the price it might not be worth it, though, as you want to avoid filing claims if the amount lost is small. As it is only brewing equipment, it might not even cover the cost of your deductible though.

Yeah, that is what I thought. I guess they had a few unit broken into. I just fear that I know what my brewing equipment will be used for now. It will probably go from brewing delicious liquids to making deadly drugs.

Exactly what drugs do you think someone will make from a carboy and a bucket?

Meth is a little more complicated that. Anything easier and the tools should have it already.

People steal stuff to sell it. Check pawn shops, cl, ,etc.

Chances are the person who stole your stuff is not a homebrewer and has no use for the gear. It might show up on CL so I'd keep looking there.

Having stuff stolen really sucks.

"People steal stuff to sell it. Check pawn shops, cl, etc."
Then all you have to do is prove it's yours...
Hopefully there' ll be some insurance to cover your loss, without too steep of a deductible.

Back