still have bubbles in airlock...ok to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjb999

Reaction score
My German wheat is at the end of two weeks in fermenter. Gas production has all but ceased. But not quite. Perhaps a burp every 30 minutes or so. My LHBS guy told me to wait until the cup in my three piece airlock is sitting atop the tube with no gas evident. my OG was 1060 and my FG is now at 1013. my FG goal was 1013. This number has not changed in 4 days. Question...is it better to wait? until next weekend to bottle? will the small amount of gas production cause my bottles to explode?

Your gravity has stabilized in the area you expected, you are fine. The bubbles you see are resultant from residual CO2 coming out of solution as it comes to atmospheric equilibrium, not fermentation.

Your gravity has stabilized in the area you expected, you are fine. The bubbles you see are resultant from residual CO2 coming out of solution as it comes to atmospheric equilibrium, not fermentation.

+1 if gravity is where expected your good

Back