steelers game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phodog

Reaction score
Life long Steelers fan, coming to my first game this Sunday. I plan on hitting Churches for one or two, and Bocktown,(near my hotel) any must hit brewery's or beer events on Saturday? If someone wants anything in Michigan (perhaps Short's?) and wants to trade for Pittsburgh stuff I'm game.

It's a beautiful stadium and town; there's no shortage on places to find some good brew either. If you're looking for a drag to walk down with a few decent bars try Carson St on the South Side. Also, if you've never been to Primanti's stop by while you're there. Enjoy!

been to Primanti's in 1976 and 2013, but am a big beer geek. How can I find a craft beer store, perhaps near bocktown?

I moved away from PGH 13 years ago, and only head up to visit family every few years. Not up to speed on where the best shops are at these days. However, I have a few cousins into the craft been scene up there, and can shoot out a few messages for their input. You looking for bottle shops to bring something back, craft beer bars, both?

I know you can buy beer right from a bar, or from a distributor. It used to be that you had to buy it by the case. Maybe that's changed. When I visit my brother I usually bring it in from NY, or pick it up in Ohio. I know there are very specific hours and days you can and can't buy beer.

Here's Wikipedia:
Beer may only be purchased from a restaurant, bar, licensed beer store, or distributor. Beer distributors mainly sell cases and kegs of beer, not smaller volumes of beer such as six packs. Six and twelve packs, along with individual bottles such as 40 ounce or 24 ounce beers, are sold at bars, restaurants, and licensed retailers. A licensee can sell up to 192 fluid ounces of beer per purchase. For larger quantities one must go to a beverage distributor which sells beer only by the case or keg. Beverage distributors (which also sell soft drinks) may sell beer and malt liquor, but not wine or hard liquor. Unlike the Wine and Spirits shops, people under 21 may enter most beverage distributors without an adult, since most distributors also sell water, soda, ice, and some snack foods. They are subject to the rules of the individual establishment.

Bring a Lion victory back with you and we will allow you to keep brewing in Michigan.:D

My wife is a Lions fan, not me, brother. Steeler fan since '68,. no time for others!

Latest posts

Back