STC1000+, 2 brew belts, and a power strip walked into a bar....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarmaCitra

Reaction score
So I currently have one STC1000+, one brew belt, one chest freezer, but the want to brew in 2 buckets. My plan, albeit not exact, is to monitor one bucket's temp and assume the other is pretty close. My question is, would it be possible and would it work for me to use a power strip plugged into the temp controller and plug in two brew belts? Anyone have experience with this?

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure nothing was going to adversely affect the STC1000, and that the brewbelts would actually work!

Considering that the brewbelt is 20w, that won't overload the STC1000? Its not much wattage, but want to make sure. Anybody have experience with this?

Considering that the brewbelt is 20w, that won't overload the STC1000? Its not much wattage, but want to make sure. Anybody have experience with this?

I lay one 23w brewbelt on the floor of my chest freezer and also power the 100w bulb in my paint can heater from the same outlet. I've been doing this for a year to provide extra heat when needed and have never had any issues with the STC-1000+.

Assuming you're on 120 volts, you could put 1200 watts on before you exceeded the 10 amp rating on the STC (volts x amps = watts). You should have no dramas.

I use one STC-1000 for 2 FVs. I wired in a 240v 10cm case fan in line with the heating and cooling circuits to ensure both FVs keep close to the set temperature and it works well. You obviously need to put batches in at the same time and another option with the STC-1000+ is the ability to use a 2nd temperature sensor.

Back