STC 1000 Wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brdb

Reaction score
I'll start off by saying this is not a how do I wire the STC 1000 thread. I've already wired the controller and am pretty certain I wired it correctly but it keeps cooling my refrigerator well past the point I set it to cool to. I have F1 set at 16.6C but the controller keeps the fridge on even when the sensor is reading 15.2C. F2 is set to 1C. I have the STC 1000 wired to a duplex outlet so the first thing I did was switch the plug from the 1st spot to the 2nd spot on the power outlet to make sure I didn't accidentally plug it into the heating spot. However, the fridge turns on at 15.2C when it is plugged into either spot when my set temp is 16.6C. This makes me think maybe the wiring is messed up so here is what I did
Black - Live
Grey - Neutral
Green - Earth
Blue Circle indicates this is where I connected the wires together using your standard screw on wire connector

1z4boz7.jpg

I was just reading another post and I think I may have found my problem so I'll post it here in case anyone else is reading this. There is a gold post on the duplex that you wire your live wire to, there is a tab that connects the two gold posts on the duplex that needs to be broken. If it is not broken, if one outlet is receiving power, the other outlet will as well which explains why the fridge was being powered on by both the heating and cooling outlet.
Edit: You beat me to it, but yes that was my problem :smack:

Back