STC-1000 jumping temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robotsyte

Reaction score
I bought an STC-1000 from a local seller, and installed it into my fridge. My problem is, that the temperature is jumping so high, it is around 1-7 tenth of a celsius. I already changed it to another one, from the same seller. But shown exact the same issue.
Do you have any idea, what I should do with it?

With STC/ITC-1000/Inkbird variants, I think maybe they are great for the money, when they work. I have owned exactly one, and it had the opposite problem of yours, i.e. it would take several minutes to register a temperature change even when the test conditions made it obvious that the temperature had changed significantly.

That said, lots of people swear by them.

You asked what you should do with it. Personally, based only on my own experience, I'd get a refund and buy a different controller. Or maybe third time's a charm.

I’ve used a few of them and have never seen that happen. It looks like the temperature sensor is defective. Have you replaced the sensor and cable?

By a few tenths of a degree! Even for Celsius I think you might be too picky and expecting too much.

When the heater turns off, or even the cooling, there is going to be some overrun as the heating unit is hotter than the temperature that it was heating the stuff in your fridge to.

If you are measuring air temp inside the fridge then this will be even more apparent.

edit...

Oh gosh.... excuse me. Slightly old post and likely too late for anything the OP may have done.

Back