Stc-1000 failure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlieatthedisco

Reaction score
Hey guys. Had a playoff party this last sun which my keezer was opened probably close to 100 times. My controller, the stc-1000, was wired into the collar and Monday night I opened my keezer to find it being warm as balls and the controller was off even though plugged in. I unplugged it and it turned on but now after the delay the controller has yet to have the relay click on the power to the keezer but the light stops blinking...do I need to get a new controller?

Does the keezer cool down if plugged directly into a receptacle? Have you tested the controller output with a lamp or other electrical device? Check that all of the electrical connections are still intact.
The relay may have failed.

Thanks for the replies. I have plugged a lamp into the controller. Nothing happens. And I have also plugged the freezer directly into a power outlet and it fires right up. I'm leaning on the way of a bad relay.

Latest posts

Back