Starting to dial in the process

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

303Dan

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

Just giddy about my brew day today and wanted to share, because I tried to get my wife psyched up about it and I got a blank stare.

Anyway, when I started brewing on my own (I've been brewing with a friend on his rig for years) I was clocking 8 hour brew days. And not reaping the benefits of great beer. A little over a year, a ton of process and equipment improvements, and about 20 batches later, I just completed a brew day on a Pale ale with a 75 minute boil and a 50 minute hop stand in 5 hours from heating the strike water to pitching the yeast and hit all my numbers exactly. It just feels good. :) I feel like I've gotten pretty good at this.

Anyway, just wanted to share the joy and you anonymous people are the only ones that could appreciate it. :)

Dan

Lol, I was facing an ultimatum from the better half, extreme measures and streamlining were required. Something about needing help with our 3 yr old and 1yr old, I wasn't really listening....

Hey Everybody,

Just giddy about my brew day today and wanted to share, because I tried to get my wife psyched up about it and I got a blank stare.

Anyway, when I started brewing on my own (I've been brewing with a friend on his rig for years) I was clocking 8 hour brew days. And not reaping the benefits of great beer. A little over a year, a ton of process and equipment improvements, and about 20 batches later, I just completed a brew day on a Pale ale with a 75 minute boil and a 50 minute hop stand in 5 hours from heating the strike water to pitching the yeast and hit all my numbers exactly. It just feels good. :) I feel like I've gotten pretty good at this.

Anyway, just wanted to share the joy and you anonymous people are the only ones that could appreciate it. :)

Dan

Lol, I was facing an ultimatum from the better half, extreme measures and streamlining were required. Something about needing help with our 3 yr old and 1yr old, I wasn't really listening....

You had me with the first quote, but you lost me with the second one. I think your penance should be that from now on, the 3 year old and 1 year old will be your brewer's helpers for the entire duration of the brew, to include feeding, diaper changes, and crankiness due to lack of naps! :D

In any event, yes, it feels great to streamline your processes over time and come out with some really good brew at the end! :rockin:

Welp...time to desire something out of your brews that requires you get new equipment and have to spend time adjusting and streamlining your process again.

Hitting all my numbers and being efficient makes me for feel like the guy launching jets in the opening to Top Gun. Kyle

Back