Starting my eHERMS build!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPAfreek

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I finally started getting stuff delivered for my build. Going with 24V DC pumps instead of bigger pumps, mainly because I be on a tight budget. Most of the kettle plumbing and set up will be similar to Kal's build (thank you for the informational threads you put out). I will put more pics up once it quits poring down rain and I can get to the garage without getting soaked. Cheers and thanks for looking! :mug:
IMG_1844.jpg

Sorry it is rotated, need to tweak some stuff.

Good luck with the build! I finally got my eHERMS up and running a few weeks ago (still a few minor things to do) and love it over my old manual propane setup. It's so nice to not have to babysit everything and to be able to maintain temperatures with the push of a button.

So I have decided to go a different route than originally planned. I was going to go with a modified clone of Kal's setup using DC pumps and PIDS. Well things change. Now using RasberryPi 2.0 (my Dad talked me into it) with DC pumps. Trying the inaugural batch today. Brewing a Christmas beer, got the recipe from BYO. I have everything drilled to a board for now, high voltage stuff is in the enclosure. Will be upgrading to Pi 3.0 with a touch screen I just wanted everything laid out so I can see what I am working with and so I know it works before I stuff it into an enclosure.

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_8793.jpg

Back