Starting A New Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maveric777

Reaction score
I had this idea last night at a party while having a few home brews. I was telling someone about how much I love Franziskaner Dunkelweizen. I loved it so much I was going to brew a mock batch today. They asked me what kind of label I was going to make for it..... then it hit me.

Played around with it some this morning while sipping on my morning coffee. I couldn't help but chuckle.....:D

I got some cleaning up to do to it, but you can get the jest of what I am trying to pull off.

Danzinkaner2.jpg

I love it! The artistic talent on this forum always amazes me. Some day, I'll take a stab at creating my own label.

Thanks yall! I still can't help but laugh every time I look at it. I sat down this morning cleaning it up some and moving my head around to make it look right. I can't wait to get this finished label on the bottle. Talk about a something that will definitely get a good laugh from friends....:D

I finally had a chance to sit down and clean it up some. I still got the rest of the label to make, but wanted to see what yall though so far.

Danzinkaner3.jpg

Thanks for the cool feedback everyone......:mug:

I use GIMP to do all my stuff. The price is right (free) and once you get the hang of it you can do about the same stuff as Photo Shop. The hard part is getting the hang of it....lol

Think I got it mostly put together this morning. I'm trying to keep all my labels fairly close to the same set up so it isn't exactly like the original Franziskaner. I am going to move the date some (needs to be dropped closer to the other text some) and get all the correct info in there as soon as know it (dates, actual ABV, etc...)

Let me know if you see any typo's in this. I suck at spelling....lol

Danzinkaner4.jpg

Very nice. The color scheme works well. You look like a Monk in the picture though, I'd probably name the beer something like "Monks Ale" or something like that. Also the "Dunkel" just hanging out there doesn't seem quite right.

Did you just take your screen picture and reverse it? Or is that a new pic?

Its actually a knock off of the original Franziskaner Dunkel label. I just used the image I have as my avatar here on HBT for the head. I thought it came out pretty funny.

Here is where I got it from....

(best I can find right now)
franziskaner_dunkel.jpg

Thanks for the reply... I was beginning to think I screwed up the label....lol

Let me know if you see any typo's in this. I suck at spelling....lol

Capital B for Brewing in the Recycle part.
Poring usually has a U in it. Although you might have written Paring... hard to tell with sideways italics! Anyway: Pouring.
Hefe's shouldn't have an apostrophe.

Looks good!

Back