stainless stout faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krenshaw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i'm looking to get 3 new perlicks (my old are chrome cheapies) and a stout faucet.. problem is, i can't seem to find any fully stainless stout faucets.. they all appear to be chrome plated.. if i get stainless perlicks and then a chrome plated stout faucet, would they look awkward next to each other? if it would be too off i guess i would get the chrome perlicks, but i wanted to know if anybody has seen them next to each other

I had the same problem that you are having. When I was looking, it seemed like every "stainless" stout faucet was not completely stainless. The only stout faucet that I found that was completely stainless was the perlick faucet. They have it for sale on their site and it was about $125 last time I checked. That's about double what any of the other stout faucets are going for, but if you want complete stainless, that's the only one I found.

Edit- for what it's worth, I have perlick 525ss faucets and I love them. I also have stainless shanks and tail pieces. When I eventually upgrade my fridge with a stout faucet, it will be the perlick faucet. Is a totally stainless draft system necessary? No, it is not; but that's what I wanted. If you're on a budget, a chrome system will do the job just as well.

If all three are perlicks I would say they are going to look good no matter what. The one is a stout faucet anyway. It's going to look different. I wouldn't fault you if you got a brass finished stout faucet to draw attention to it(if perlick makes a brass finished stainless stout faucet).

I don't think a chrome stout faucet would look odd with stainless Perlicks. There's not any really good way to make the stout faucet look like it is similar, no matter what material it's made out of.

One of these things is NOT like the others!

Back