Stainless steel cooler mash tun?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhythmSection

Reaction score
I've been brewing BIAB for my last few batches, but recently I've been looking into cooler mash tun builds. Today while I was out browsing coolers I came across this bad boy
http://www.igloo-store.com/detail/IGL+STEEL+54
Has anyone used one of these for a mash tun? I know I could get a cheaper plastic cooler, but this thing is freakin' sweet! It even has a built on bottle opener, which gives major style points in my book. I was a little worried about performance but after a bit of research it seems like it would do the trick. Can anyone chime in on this? Cheers :mug:

This will work as a mash tun. My only question is where is the stainless? You can see from the picture that it is on the outside, but is also on the inside? That is where I would like it to be. If the inside is lined with a plastic liner, than it is not too much different than any other type of cooler. I am curious as to what the inside is made of. Mark

Back