Stabilizing and cold crashing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeastluvr

Reaction score
I stabilized 5 gallons of wine 3 months ago with sorbate and K-meta. I have now been cold crashing to get some of the tartaric acid to crystalize and fall out. My intention is to bottle in a couple more days. I did add some sugar to the wine when I stabilzed it with no problems and may add a little more to each bottle when I bottle it. The person I bought my grapes from said I should add more sorbate before I bottle since I cold crashed it. Is this true or no?

I stabilized 5 gallons of wine 3 months ago with sorbate and K-meta. I have now been cold crashing to get some of the tartaric acid to crystalize and fall out. My intention is to bottle in a couple more days. I did add some sugar to the wine when I stabilzed it with no problems and may add a little more to each bottle when I bottle it. The person I bought my grapes from said I should add more sorbate before I bottle since I cold crashed it. Is this true or no?

No, not that I've ever heard. Cold wouldn't get rid of sorbate.

Latest posts

Back