splenda/sucralose carbs easier ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amandabab

Reaction score
I've been kegging diet soda, rainbow extract and spenda no sugar and getting results 180 degrees different than everything I've read.

high serving pressure and long lines seems to be the norm for soda for a commercial quality pour. I'm finding that that lower pressure and shorter lines is giving me what I want. Its bloody strange.

charge the keg at 40psi and let sit for a few days (off the gas because i didnt have space. then with a week of it hooked up to the system at 12psi its pouring perfect with a 5 foot line. standard soda head that disappears fast, co2 in the soda, bubbles sticking to the glass. its acting almost like just carbing water and its the 3rd keg to act like this.

is it the sucralose that makes it so easy to dissove co2? Its almost easier to carb this stuff than strait soda water.

confused:drunk:

You're putting in less solutes than you would using sugar, hence the ease of carbonating. I'd be surprised if it carbed faster than plain water, that wouldn't make much sense.

Back