"spice tea" ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reiffer75

Reaction score
I have seen references on some forums that say use a "spice tea" for flavoring in fermenter. Does this mean dissolving ground spices in boiling water and adding to fermenter?

Haha that is the recipe i am making tonight...thanks for the reply

I too have this brew currently in secondary and will be bottling next week and was planning on adding a spice tea made with Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus. I wasn't sure if I just added the spice straight to the boiling water or would I use a hop sack to put the spice in?

How much water and spices did you use?

The recipe calls for steeping 1 tsp of Cinnamon Plus in 1 cup of water for 15-20 minutes before adding it to your brew.

I used whatever the recipe says. I believe I used 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice in a cup of boiling water. I boiled the water and added the spices after removing it from heat. I cooled it using a basic ice bath, and threw it in when it was relatively cooled. It really came through in the finished beer. Good luck!

Back