South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 6!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i might jump on this hop buy for another # but not not sure yet. I'm burner less at the moment so my brewing will be delayed for some time.

6 gallons every other week. I rarely brew anything under 1.060 so I can use one bag up in a little over 2 months. The only bad part about brewing so often is having to bottle it all!

My order this round is for myself and 3 friends. So its not all for me.... and that means another GB coming soon :)

I have a spare burner you can borrow, let me know

Thanks for the offer. I've been borrowing OLDBREW's burner for some time but its time for me up buy a new one. Just got hit with some unexpected expenses so my spending has been cut back from the "powers that be"... aka the wife. So its grain and hops or a new burner... for now.

you know you can use my turkey fryer setup as long as you want. Did you get the keggle I gave you finished yet? I have extra malt, yeast and hops if you need any of those too.

So I know this is late and not the easiest thing but is someone anyone able to hold onto my grain for a day or 2. My bro has been slacking about his wedding plans and no I'm beat cause we are gettin fitted at 7 on thursday. I don't care if it is closer or further from me as long as it is safe. I will definately hook whoever up with some homebrew or commercial stuff for thier trouble since I have a good chunk of grain. PM me or let me know here thanks in advance

you know you can use my turkey fryer setup as long as you want. Did you get the keggle I gave you finished yet? I have extra malt, yeast and hops if you need any of those too.
I have plenty of grain and hops... that's where all my homebrew allowance goes!
The burner is being pushed back another few weeks. The keggle just needs to be tapped. I might swing by there tomorrow to see about borrowing that tap. I'll call you in the AM. :mug:

So I know this is late and not the easiest thing but is someone anyone able to hold onto my grain for a day or 2. My bro has been slacking about his wedding plans and no I'm beat cause we are gettin fitted at 7 on thursday. I don't care if it is closer or further from me as long as it is safe. I will definately hook whoever up with some homebrew or commercial stuff for thier trouble since I have a good chunk of grain. PM me or let me know here thanks in advance
Since you are splitting some grain with 2 separate brewers, its going to be a tough one. Where in NJ are you located?

Krelja - I don't mind picking up your grain for you. No worries. I am picking up for a few other people too. Just let me know when would be a good time for to pick up. Oh yes, you are going to owe me for splitting up your grain. Well, at least you and I are splitting the Pale so I can wait until I get home for that. We'll have to beg bmoor to leave your half of the Wheat in a sack for you in case I don't have enough buckets.

Jeff - you better be at Jim's on Saturday for big brew day. He lives right around the corner from you. Families welcome so bring the boys and the old lady. Swimming pool, grilling and making beer. You can't beat it. Starts around noon. PM or call me with any questions or if you need anything (like a burner).

Ok, Jeff. Here we go. I thought it would help if I listed all the sacks I am picking up on Thursday. And yes, I will make sure I am on time this time. :)

twoodward15 PAID: 2x CM-2ROW
Ferman PAID: 1/2x BZ-VIEN, 1x CM-PALE, 1x CM-2ROW, 1/2x CM-PALE
Krelja PAID: 2x TF-MOPA, 1x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-6ROW, 1/2x CM-WHET, 1/2x CM-PALE

I think that's it. If I am missing anyone, please let me know. I am splitting the Vienna with vincemash so that will be easy - I see him all the time. And the Pale with Krelja so I can split them up when I get home.

Ferman- You are a life saver I really appreciate this. My bro is killing me with this wedding thing I'll have to check my beer locker to see what's hiding around. Any weyerbacher, stone, smaltz etc... I have some old goodies that are hard to find if you can

No worries, Krelja. I have three brothers and have been in each of their weddings. I know the drill quite well. You need to be there for him right now.

I am quite close to Rowan University so we can meet up somewhere around there or you can come right to my house in Williamstown. Just PM me and we can arrange the pick-up.

The eagle has landed. I am back home with all 12 and a half sacks. PM me ASAP to make arrangements to pick up your grain or meet up somewhere. The sooner the better. I don't have a lot of room to store this much grain so I will have to start using it if you drag your feet. LOL

The eagle has landed. I am back home with all 12 and a half sacks. PM me ASAP to make arrangements to pick up your grain or meet up somewhere. The sooner the better. I don't have a lot of room to store this much grain so I will have to start using it if you drag your feet. LOL

Just bring mine to Jim's on saturday, i'll bring the scale to do the splits

You da man!

Hell, bring then to Jims Saturday...

Anyone ready for number 7 yet??? ROFL

Just let me know! Since NCM is not taking any new home brewer accounts, we have to keep these things rolling.

Thanks to everyone who showed up and helped make that grain disappear! :rockin:

We should be thanking you, for putting this together yet again and for dealing with all the ordering, scheduling, etc. You are the man Jeff and I hope you know how much we all appreciate what you go through.

What's with all these deleted posts? I didn't get notification about them. Someone not happy?

I think he was banned. It is a crying shame though. He had some really great posts with lots of information and content to share with fellow homebrewers. Not sure what exactly he did to get banned but I don't see why they would delete all of his previous posts.

vincemash was banned for making personal attacks and insults.

No one deleted all of his previous posts. vincemash began using the hop buy thread to vent his frustration, so it was temporarily moved out of the public forums. If someone else is interested in reorganizing the buy, we can restore the content.

Yuri - please do restore the info for the hop buy. I will take it over but appreciate not having to start from scratch if at all possible.

If there is any way you can give vincemash a second chance, I am sure he would handle himself better. He is a great asset to our homebrew club and this forum. He has helped me become a better brewer and taught me some very important lessons. Everyone deserves a second chance, right?

Evan, PM Yuri to get that Hop Buy restored. I'm pretty sure it was either full or only needed one pound to complete it.

How long is this "Ban" anyway? Not permanent i hope!

Is it a bad sign that the links to the pricing are no longer working?

Sorry to be so jumpy but I would hate if NCM nixed these group buys.

BuonAnno, The link doesn't work because there is a new sales book. I also confirmed that my account was safe. Starting the next GB in 1 or 2 days.

Hey, that's my link. But you can use it....good luck on your group buy. It's the only way to buy malt.....

The person in question is a serial offender and has vowed to interrupt this thread, so I guess you can all expect to see 2 or 3 fake accounts and posts deleted from this thread every day.

It's a shame.

Back