South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 4!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Jeff,

I can't make Mon or Tues nights. Since we are so close to each other, I can give you the brick of rice hulls ahead of time... you can take it to the buy and whoever wants some can break some off, let me know

hey Jeff,

I can't make Mon or Tues nights. Since we are so close to each other, I can give you the brick of rice hulls ahead of time... you can take it to the buy and whoever wants some can break some off, let me know

Sounds good Seth. I'll be in touch with you before delivery.

Jeff - I didn't see your note about including our HBT handle in the subject. I hope my PayPal was all straight. Just let me know.

Received the last payment today!

So now I'm just waiting for everything to clear and the order will be placed! I'll update the first post when I get home tonight.

I hoping to have shipment by early next week but it all depends on when everything clears and how soon they can ship it out.

Well i just tried to edit the orig post and the edit button has disappeared! Maybe I've edited it to many times?

well if you see your name and it doesn't say "paid"... that's why. So just to confirm, everyone has paid.

I'll post any updates after the payments have all cleared and delivery has been set.

Ferman, you're from williamstown and not a gloucester county homebrewer??? We meet in the area every 2nd friday of the month. This month (june 11th) will be just past mongans corner but before Damblys. Guess something happened in past years to turn you away from our club?

Well i just tried to edit the orig post and the edit button has disappeared! Maybe I've edited it to many times?

well if you see your name and it doesn't say "paid"... that's why. So just to confirm, everyone has paid.

I'll post any updates after the payments have all cleared and delivery has been set.

I think there was a site-wide post editing problem....I saw that the admin's were working on it.

Thanks for all the hard work organizing this for us Jeff!

Thanks for the info Vince. If the problem isn't fixed and there is any important info about this buy, I'll just PM everyone and post here.

You're welcome:mug:

Ferman, you're from williamstown and not a gloucester county homebrewer??? We meet in the area every 2nd friday of the month. This month (june 11th) will be just past mongans corner but before Damblys. Guess something happened in past years to turn you away from our club?

Yes, I am the guy who organized the BBQ & Brew last year at Beercrafters with Dave. However, I believe we met the year before at the 15th big brew day. I appreciate the offer but I am already a member of Barley Legal Homebrewers.

Gotcha, I believe I talked to your wife both years as well, but I can't remember her name right now. I remember you. How did you guys make out at iron hill? Any guess as to how many gallons you brewed? We did alright. Maybe next year we will do a couple 25 gallon batches, or get the big equipment out and do a 100 gallon batch. The weather was outstanding for the day. I know Jeff said he was going up to see you guys there too.

I wish I could have taken off and made it out on brew day. I'll just have to make up for it next year and brew twice as much!

We had an amazing turnout - over 100 people throughout the day. We ended up with 135 total gallons brewed in our first year, which was well over our initial goal. Jeff did come by to check out our new club and see everyone's equipment. Check out Jeff Linkous' video montage, who also came out to spend the day enjoying good home brew and talking with our brewers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a quick update:

The pallet is packed and ready to go out. Just waiting on one more check to clear then I can have the delivery date scheduled. So we are looking at late next week (Thursday/Friday), or the following Monday/Tuesday). I'm hoping to get it in asap so I'll let everyone know a scheduled day as soon as I get the info from NCM.

It seems every time we have a pickup, I never have homebrew to share!

If anyone is interested in some Chinook or Nugget hops, let me know. Iaheva few ounces to spare... about 5 each. I'm looking to trade for some hops anything but Amarillo, Centennial, Willamette). Or anything kegging related (connects or whatever).

Thurs or Fri next week works for me. That would allow us to have our new grain stashes for any Memorial Day brews we have planned. :)

I have 9 carboys, 3 gal. heavy glass with plastic snap top, they take a #7 stopper. if you guys need any, 10.00 each delivered on p/u day. lou

How about 2.5 oz. of both Nugget and Chinook for 5 oz. of the Ahtanum pellets?
Sounds good! Thanks!

I have 9 carboys, 3 gal. heavy glass with plastic snap top, they take a #7 stopper. if you guys need any, 10.00 each delivered on p/u day. lou
I wish these were larger, I'm in the market for a carboy. Still using stained/smelly buckets!

jeff, thx for organizing the group buy, i'll get you some new buckets from my wino friends, they have hundreds. 4 carboys reserved ferman + lonke

... and its confirmed! The pallet will be shipped and ready for pickup on Friday, May 28th!
I'll be arriving at the terminal at 7pm on Friday to get the paperwork taken care of. Everyone should be there by 7:15-7:30 for pick up.

I still can't edit the first post so I'll send everyone a PM later tonight just to be sure we are all aware.

If you can not make it for the pickup, please start making plans now for someone to hold your grain for you.

See everyone on Friday!

Fantastic. Thanks Jeff. I will be there and most likely will be picking up vincemash's grains - since we split all of our sacks together.

Will there still be rice hulls available for purchase? I am looking to buy a 5-6 pounds if possible.

Ferman,
I'm going to check with Seth to see if he'll be in the area for the pickup or if I'll be bringing the hulls. Either way I'm sure they will be available.

I am closing on my house that day in Maple Shade... coming over to the pickup will be a much needed break from moving and excuse to go get dinner too :) I'll be there with the hulls.

Ferman 5-6 pounds not a problem, just kick me like 50 cents a pound that is what they cost.

We still have a lot, if I had to guess we can let go with about 20 pounds so I'll bring that and first come, first serve

Latest posts

Back